For years, Harland Sanders carried the formula to his fried chicken tucked carefully away in the safest place he could think of … his head. And, he kept the recipe for the spice mixture … in his car’s glove compartment!
Today, that recipe is safely locked away in a vault in Louisville, Kentucky.
Even now, only a handful of people know the full details of the multi-million-dollar formula and it’s protected by some elaborate security precautions.
For instance, one vendor blends part of the formula while another blends the rest – neither has the complete recipe!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, we’re on the hunt for an IT Systems Administrator with a proven recipe for taking care of “all things IT related” for one of our clients based in mid-town Toronto.
POSITION: IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, IT
LOCATION: TORONTO, ONTARIO (MID-TOWN)
Our client’s head office is located in Toronto’s Yonge and Davisville area. This position will provide IT technical support to approximately 100 employees – across Canada. The successful candidate will ensure the company’s computer network runs smoothly. The role requires an individual who is very comfortable with “all things IT”.
Over and above the technical requirements of this position … our client is looking for someone with top-shelf people skills and the ability to “dumb-down” technical matters for employees who use technology but don’t necessarily understand how it all comes together!
- Provide technical support to end users – across Canada … (in person or over the phone)
- Maintain in-house computer software, hardware, servers (Windows & Linux) and VoIP
- Troubleshoot and document issues with in-house software, hardware and servers
- Report findings, pertaining to tasks, issues, tickets and overall health of the infrastructure to Manager, IT
- Identify software/hardware requirements of users and deal with vendors for IT related purchases
- Virtual server deployment with HyperV /VMware, and cloud deployment with AWS / Azure
- MUST HAVE: Fantastic people skills and sound technical knowledge
- MUST HAVE: Approximately 5 years of experience … (will consider less if you’re a “Whiz Kid”!
- MUST HAVE: Experience with ticketing system (like RT or Zendesk)
- NICE TO HAVE: Bilingual (English / French)
- Ability to travel nationally, as required.
- Functional understanding of networking, setting up peripherals, maintenance and repair
- Ability to write technical documents, Script Powershell, Linux Bash.
- Active Directory system administration experience, preferred
- Network hardware management, patching, running console commands, Cisco ASA/IOS/Meraki, preferred.
SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
VACATION: 15 days
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; SECRET RECIPE – 11J91-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Zafreen how your experience stacks up for this role.