Did you know … the word ‘hamburger’ originates from the town of Hamburg in Germany? The long and short of it goes something like this;
Way back in the 19th-century … German sailors brought back the idea of raw, shredded beef (known today, as beef tartare) … after trading with their counterparts in the Baltic provinces of Russia.
At some point … a local (and unnamed) German chef decided he’d throw in a bit of a ‘twist’ … and he cooked that beef!
And … the ‘hamburger’ was born!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … our client is one of the fastest growing burger chains in North America.
They have asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to assist them in their search for a General Manager for their Windsor, Ontario location.
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
INDUSTRY: FAST CASUAL
Our client is looking for a candidate to set the pace, expectation and attitude of the team.
The ‘right person’ will need to foster a culture of team work and accountability.
Everything from … guest experience to food safety to staff development falls under the scope of this role.
- Direct shift operations … with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Ensure an exceptional guest experience via effective staff training & development
- Perform regular table visits to drive positive guest interactions
- Manage inventory levels, freshness standards and ordering of supplies
- Oversee & manage company cleanliness and product freshness guidelines
- Deliver an elevated guest experience by creating a upbeat … high energy atmosphere
- Oversee and manage all COGS (… and if you don’t know what COGS are … this probably isn’t the role for you)
- MUST HAVE: 2 years’ experience in a similar role, management role (leading and coaching teams)
- MUST HAVE: Kitchen, scheduling and inventory and cost controls experience
- A genuine ‘hands-on’ management style … where you are comfortable contributing in all aspects of the business; from prep … to cook … to … (quite honestly) whatever it takes
SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000 + incentives and bonuses
OTHER: vacation + benefits + free staff meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘HAMBURGER’ ROLE – 29H81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.