In the late 1700’s, in Roscommon, Ireland lived a woman named Betty, and her son. Although she was despairingly poor, Betty was literate … and she taught her son to read and write.
She would constantly remind her son that only money could bring him happiness in this world … and when he was finally old enough … she encouraged him to leave Ireland … and earn his fortunes in America!
Years later, a well-dressed man, looking for a place to say … knocked at Betty’s door. She opened her home to him, and later that night … as he lay sleeping … Betty crept into his room and plunged a knife into his heart!
As she rummaged through his belongings (looking for money), she discovered this man was, in fact, her son!
Overcome with the horror of her actions, Betty stumbled into the street … confessing her guilt. She was arrested, stood trial and was condemned to death – by hanging!
On the day of her execution … as Betty and several other criminals were being led into the yard … they were informed the executioner had “called in sick” … and the sheriff was refusing to execute them himself.
Seizing the opportunity … Betty asked that her life be spared and in return, she’d hang the prisoners herself!
The sheriff agreed and Betty immediately got to work. So capable was “Lady Betty” that she was appointed Roscommon’s Official Hang Woman … a job with a yearly salary … as well room and board!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing, really.
That said … much like the sheriff … our client is also looking for an ‘executioner’ of sorts.
And, while they prefer to call them a UX Designer … they’ll need them to execute … at the highest levels!
In a word … our client is ‘awesome’! They’re looking for a UX Designer to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys and translating this information into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
The successful candidate will design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
POSITION: UX DESIGNER
INDUSTRY: TECHNOLOGY / FINANCIAL SERVICES
OFFICE: LONDON, ONTARIO
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- 3+ years of UX design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your expertise in UX Design
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, etc … is a must
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions … and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Be obsessively passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
SALARY: $65,000 – $85,000
OTHER: benefits + benefits + technology + simply awesome “Google-esque” type office culture
If you’re qualified for this role … please follow the 4 steps below.
1 – Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 – Ensure subject line reads; THE ‘EXECUTIONER’ ROLE – #6K71MTCHFBL
3 – Please do not send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4 – Based on the job description … explain specifically … what makes you a legitimate contender.