Margaret Hilda Roberts grew up in Grantham, England … in an apartment above her family’s grocery store.
An excellent student, she attended Grantham Girls’ High School and eventually earned a degree from Oxford University. Margaret briefly entered the world of politics … and then studied law, graduating as a barrister in 1953.
Returning to politics shortly thereafter … Margaret (now Thatcher) would, in due course, be appointed to Secretary of State for Education and Science … and 9 years later, become Britain’s first lady Prime Minister – a position she held until 1990.
A staunch conservative … Thatcher tackled many sensitive issues including Britain’s ominous recession, massive privatization and the Falklands War of 1982. Interestingly, she survived an assassination attempt by the IRA in 1984.
Along with her ally, Ronald Reagan, “The Iron Lady” is credited for having played a key role in the weakening of Soviet Communism and the ensuing collapse of the soviet structure. It has been said that Margaret Thatcher was more popular with the Russian people than she was in her own country!
What does The Iron Lady have to do with my role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … while our client isn’t looking for you to topple communism … they are looking for a highly capable HR Manager to propel their company forward … with a particular knack for Compensation, Benefits + HR Systems!
POSITION: HR MANAGER, COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND HR SYSTEMS
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
LOCATION: NORTH YORK / VAUGHAN AREA
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Our client is one of Canada’s leading supply management organizations in the healthcare industry.
Reporting to the VP, this role will oversee the organization’s benefit program, pension, compensation, HRIS and performance management systems. This position will provide senior-level HR expertise to the organization and will be tasked with developing and executing HR strategies aligned to business objectives.
- Provide governance, guidance and recommendations to ensure compensation and benefit practices are aligned with company guidelines
- Lead job evaluation activities, to develop, present and make recommendations regarding total compensation
- Educate and support the HR department and the leadership group on compensation programs
Benefits and Pension
- Oversee administration of group health benefits plan and pension programs; & participate in the re-negotiation of corporate benefit plan rates
- Perform analysis of benefit plan coverage to shape recommendations relative to emerging trends to develop, improve, and implement programs/policies to meet business objectives
- Support annual HR budgeting process; responsible for benefit and pension budgets
HR Systems/Performance Management
- Business Lead for all HR systems
- Provide leadership, planning, project coordination and management for oversight of HR system initiatives
- Develop / implement HR strategies consistent with organization’s overall HR strategy
- Support development of user procedures, process maps and training guides on systems
- Manage vendor relations for HR applications, (existing contracts + issue resolution + SLA delivery)
Employee Relations and Leadership
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with employees and business partners
- Aid in resolution of employee matters (including discipline + terminations + performance management)
- MUST HAVE: 10+ years in Human Resources (with at least 5 years in a management role)
- MUST HAVE: Project / Change management experience
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with DAYFORCE
- Experience managing vendor relations for HR applications (managing contracts + issue resolution + SLA delivery)
- Degree in HR Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Critical thinker with problem solving, networking + communication skills
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
OTE: $99,000 – $110,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + rrsp contribution
FIT THE BILL? If so, there are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; IRON LADY – 24L81MTCHFBL
- In a brief email … please tell Zafreen how you fit what we’ve outlined in the job description, above.