In 1895, Tillie Gburek married John Mitkiewicz. 19 years later, John died from an apparent heart condition. Tillie’s next husband, Joseph Ruskowski also died … as did her next boyfriend.
Tillie’s third husband was Frank Kupczyk. Tillie would greet Frank in the morning, saying “it won’t be long now” … “you’ll be dying soon”.
As Frank’s health began to deteriorate … Tillie began knitting herself a mourning hat … and even purchased a bargain coffin – which she stored in their basement!
Upon Kupczyk’s death, Tillie remarried, for a fourth time. And, as you’re probably thinking, this husband (Frank Klimek) also fell ill.
But this time … doctors suspected arsenic poisoning, and lab tests confirmed it!
As Tillie was being arrested, she turned to the police officer and said …”the next one I want to cook a dinner for, is you”.
The bodies of all of Tillie’s past victims were exhumed … and each was found to contain lethal doses of arsenic. Tillie’s “weapon of choice” had been a rat poison called – Rough On Rats!
Following her arrest, it was discovered that; 20 people had fallen ill after dining at Tillie’s table (14 of whom had died) and Tillie, newly nicknamed, “the Poison Widow” … had life insurance policies on all of her husbands!
PS: After 3 months in the hospital … Joseph Klimek actually survived!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, now that we have your attention … Match and Fable’s Zafreen Kassam is on the search for a Quality and Compliance Specialist. Check out the details below.
POSITION: QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE / REGULATORY AFFAIRS
INDUSTRY: MEDICAL DEVICE
Reporting to the Director of QA / RA … the Quality and Compliance Specialist will ensure operational processes are in accordance with the Quality Management System and the organization’s compliance department.
This individual will assist with the overall quality and regulatory processes and ensure all documentation is updated, as per Health Canada and FDA guidelines.
- Update and organize procedures and documentation, as per organizational guidelines
- Develop and update SOP’s and work instructions, as necessary
- Assist with updating product labelling and packaging artwork documentation
- Maintain and support the requirements of the Quality Management Systems
- Provide assistance to the Director QA / RA
- Perform other projects, as required
- 4 years’ experience in quality assurance or quality control – in the medical device industry
- Will consider candidates from related industry (food processing, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or GMP)
- MUST HAVE: University degree in a science related discipline
- Experience managing Quality Systems and processing change controls
- Sound working knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Familiar with ISO 13485 and Health Canada Medical Device Guidelines, preferred
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
OTHER: medical benefits + RRSP + vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; ROUGH ON RATS – MTCHFBL4C20
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.