Kelly Johnson was born in a remote mining town – Ishpeming, Michigan.
At the age of 13 … he won a prize for his first aircraft design.
Years later … he would earn a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Michigan.
In his professional career … Johnson became the Lead Engineer at the Lockheed Skunk Works, where he was instrumental in creating the Lockheed U-2, Lockheed SR-71 … and Blackbird spy planes – among others!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much really.
That said, Mr. Johnson is also credited with coining the term … “keep it simple stupid” – a design principle based on the premise, most systems work best … when kept as simple as possible.
And … this is exactly what our client is looking for … but with a twist!
They need a product designer with the jam to make complexity both simple … and simply beautiful!
POSITION: SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT
INDUSTRY: ADVERTISING TECH
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest growing tech startups … specializing in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Their client base is a “who’s who” of global organizations!
Business is booming … and they’ve asked Mikey Crichton of Match and Fable to help them find an incredible Product Designer to help take them to the next level – in style!
Based from their headquarters in Toronto, and reporting to the Director of Product (a prominent leader and educator in their field of expertise), the Senior Product Designer will work with the Product, Engineering + Design teams to ensure a complete life-cycle flow among departments.
CRITICAL: The right person must be a self-starter … able to execute projects from soup to nuts. They must be innovative & have a sharp eye for design … with the ability to convert complexity into intuitive design.
- Transform customer feedback into innovative product design
- Work with Product Team to integrate new features and designs
- Take ownership of the entire product design life-cycle … from end to end
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Product or UX Designer
- In-depth understanding of modern design methodologies, interaction design and information architecture
- Handle complexity … with ease
- Dashboard experience is a HUGE asset
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $90,000
OTHER: League Benefits Package + Lifestyle Spending Account
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mikey Crichton at email@example.com
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads K.I.S.S. – 28K81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mikey how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.