We used to think the term ‘honcho’ originated from the Spanish language.
Turns out … it doesn’t.
And get this … it actually comes from the Japanese word, ‘hancho’ meaning ‘group leader’!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
A lot, actually!
Match and Fable is looking for a Head Honcho for one of our steel fabrication clients, located in the Hamilton / Niagara Region.
To be honest … they probably won’t be cool with calling you ‘The Head Honcho’ … so you’ll have to settle for … Divisional President.
POSITION: DIVISIONAL PRESIDENT
REPORTS TO: THE BOARD
LOCATION: HAMILTON / NIAGARA REGION
INDUSTRY: STEEL FABRICATION
The Divisional President call the shots!
And the mandate is to overhaul business operations via a hands-on approach.
You will use your industry knowledge to grow the company’s ability to take on projects from start to finish.
In an industry often dictated by the economy, our client is looking for a leader who isn’t afraid to implement creative strategies to get ahead of the game … and truly lead the market!
We’re looking for someone with;
- An intimate understanding of the steel fabrication business.
- The capacity to be engaged in all parts of the business … (not an arm chair quarterback)!
- The leadership experience to generate improvements across the business – soup to nuts!
- Work with executive management, suppliers and union reps to leverage growth opportunities
- Manage P&L and apply business acumen to decisions (Depreciation, ROI, Cash Flow, A/R, A/P)
- Direct sales efforts to assist in account development and development of new markets
- Review reports and take action to evaluate activities, costs, operations, budgets and forecasts
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors
- Maintain facility layout to promote safety, security, and productivity while leveraging space
- Establish processes; 1:1’s, Team Calls, KPIs and determine how to best grow the business
- Evaluate performance of personnel, develop goals … and provide formal and informal feedback
- Promote an environment of empowerment, respect … and genuine accountability
- MUST HAVE: Leadership experience within a steel fabrication environment
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of project costing and estimation, purchasing of project materials and subcontract services and experience in contract negotiations and review of contract terms and conditions
- MUST HAVE: Knowledge of union contracts and negotiations
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $150,000
MBO POTENTIAL: $30,000 – $50,000 (UNCAPPED and tied to business performance)
ON-TARGET POTENTIAL: $160,000 – $200,000+
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘HEAD HONCHO’ ROLE – 1D81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.