Not a term heard often these days … unless you hang around Match and Fable’s offices!
One of it’s meanings refers to something being ‘hot’ … as in, attractive or desirable.
For example, “Match and Fable is hotter than a 3-dollar pistol”!
But, where did the term originate?
Well, back in the mid-1800’s … gun manufacturers like; Remington, Smith & Wesson and Winchester were selling a boat load of pistols.
As is often the case … counterfeiters saw an opportunity to capitalize … and make a quick buck.
To keep their pistol prices super low … their manufacturing processes and standards were naturally, extremely shoddy. Mismatched parts resulted in misaligned chambers and barrels … causing a slew of problems when fired! In fact, in some cases … these pistols would actually explode in the shooter’s hand!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much.
That said … this role is “hotter than a 3-dollar pistol” … and won’t last long!
POSITION: ONTARIO SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR, SALES
OFFICE: MISSISSAUGA (HOME OFFICE FLEX)
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Ontario Sales Manager (OSM) will direct and manage a B2B sales team to support strategic and financial objectives, increase profitably, diversify the client base … and build and maintain relationships with both key clientele and vendors.
- In conjunction with the Executive Team, the OSM will assist in strategic planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to integrate sustainable growth within existing and emerging markets
- Mentor, coach and develop the B2B sales group to perfect their selling skills and achieve targets
- Set clear objectives … remove legitimate roadblocks … and lead the charge!
- Analyze sales activity and determine action plans to capitalize on opportunities and increase profitability
- Establish targets for the team … based on company margin objectives and develop strategy to achieve
- Prioritize and direct daily, weekly and monthly objectives, including sales activities, to ensure execution
- Develop positive relationships with all levels, both client and vendor sides
- 5+ years in a B2B sales management / leadership role
- An additional 5+ years of sales experience (in progressive roles)
- A ‘fresh’ perspective to smartly challenge conventional operating procedures
- Genuinely smart … with a desire to work in a results-oriented, client-centric environment
- Strong leadership skills … a coach and motivator who can build relationships resulting in performance
- Experience with SAP would be a great advantage
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $130,000
ON-TARGET MBO: $20,000 – $25,000 (stretch target to $40,000 – $50,000)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $140,000 – $155,000
OTHER: car allowance + home office flex (after first 3 months) + benefits
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘3 DOLLAR PISTOL’ ROLE-2K81
3. In a short (but juicy) email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.