These days … in the world of Hip Hop, deliberately dropping one’s microphone is a fairly common event.
But it wasn’t always that way. In fact … only the truest of hip-hop fans could identify the pioneer of this “move” as the legendary Rakim, in his 1987 track titled … “I Ain’t No Joke”.
“I used to let the mic smoke … now I slam it when I’m done … and make sure it’s broke”.
Since its origin … over 30 years ago, many performers outside the Hip Hop world have copied the move. My personal favourite … “Coming to America’s” Randy Watson and his band … Sexual Chocolate!
In essence … the ‘mic drop’ now represents the ultimate expression of confidence & supremacy!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, if this role was a microphone … I’d be slamming it down with authority!
In fact, once I’m finished writing this job description … I’m seriously considering dropping my laptop in the middle of the office – in tribute to this brilliant opportunity!
Quite simply … it’s not very often I consider quitting my career as a Head Hunter and begging my client to hire me. But … this is absolutely one of those times!
I guess I should have paid more attention in French class, as a kid!
POSITION: BILINGUAL ENTERPRISE SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
TERRITORY: EASTERN CANADA
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE SALES (SaaS)
LOCATION: MONTREAL OR TORONTO (HOME BASED)
Our client is the fastest growing software company in their space – bar none!
In the past few years … they’ve been leaving their competitors in the dust.
Their client base is a laundry list of prominent global organizations and that list is growing every day!
They’re set on even greater … explosive growth … and they need some more help to get there!
Based from a home office (in Toronto or Montreal) and reporting to the VP, Sales, the ESE will promote a SaaS solution offering in a business development capacity – across Eastern Canada.
It’s critical to note that … regardless of where the candidate is hired (Toronto or Montreal) … they will need to be fluently bilingual.
It’s also critical to note that our client isn’t necessarily bent on hiring a candidate who has already sold software. It’s far more important that this individual has sold at the national / enterprise level and knows how to hunt business in this space!
- Responsible for driving new revenue via new client acquisition – typically at F500 level
- Attend tradeshows and networking events
- Conduct on-line presentations and product demonstrations (if necessary … they’ll teach you this part!)
- Travel to client locations to conduct in-person needs assessments and assist with initial launch phase
- 5 – 7 years of solution sales experience
- At least 3 years of enterprise level sales hunting experience … ‘dropping the mic’ on quotas
- D Not the type of person who waits for the Marketing Department to send them qualified leads
- Ability to travel across Eastern Canada approximately 25%
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $125,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $125,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $240,000 – $245,000 (again … uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + rrsp + mileage allowance + t2200
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘DROP THE MIC’ ROLE – 20K81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.