In 1983 … a 61-year-old Australian potato farmer named Cliff Young shuffled to the starting line of the country’s famous Sydney to Melbourne (875-kilometer) Ultramarathon!
Minutes before setting out … Cliff stood there, dressed in overalls and rubber boots … while muscular, twenty-somethings reviewed their strategies and snickered about the stranger in their midst.
As the starter’s pistol fired … Cliff, removed his dentures and placed them in his pocket
(He hated how they rattled when he ran.)
At the time … the widely accepted method in ultramarathon racing was to run for 18 hours … then sleep for 6.
The thing is … no one told Cliff he was supposed to stop to sleep!
So … Cliff just kept running … and running … and running, even more!
In fact, on a diet of hot chocolate and water … Cliff ran for five and a half days straight!
And to everyone’s surprise … he crossed the finish line in first place – 12 hours faster than anyone had before!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s current role?
That said … given that our latest role is based in Australia … we thought Mr. Young’s incredible story was an appropriate way to serve up this opportunity!
POSITION: KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
LOCATION: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE (SaaS)
Our global client is the fastest growing software company in their space – period!
And … over the past few years … they’ve left their competitors in the dust.
Their client base is a laundry list of prominent global organizations … and it’s growing at a wicked clip!
They’re set for explosive growth … and need some help getting there!
That’s where we come in … and that’s where you come in!
Based from their local office (located in Sydney, Australia), the Key Account Manager is the primary client contact, managing relationships and ensuring accounts perform up to par, utilizing and maximizing their software solutions. The scope of responsibility will span the Asia-Pacific region.
- Expand and develop existing client relationships resulting in renewals and expansion sales
- Ensure client engagement in company software and solutions
- Collaborate with entire sales group on account renewals, reviews and business analyses
- Act with a ‘client-first’ attitude, ensuring all clients are trained in utilizing company software and features
- Prioritize, manage and resolve all client requests
- MUST HAVE: Fluent in English
- Must be inspired & hungry … and not need a fire lit beneath you to get down to business
- Must have experience working with Enterprise level clientele
- 1-2 years’ account management experience in a B2B environment
- Additional languages are always considered a HUGE PLUS
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $78,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $28,700
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $103,700 – $106,700
OTHER: health insurance + dental + benefits + pension + 4 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; CLIFF YOUNG 12G19 – MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.