In around 1973 … Croatian immigrants, Marijan & Slavica of Burnaby, BC handed their son a hockey stick and strapped a pair of ice skates on his feet.
At the time … no one could ever have imagined what series of events were being set in motion and that years later …. their son would affectionately be known as ‘Burnaby Joe’ by the locals!
Long story short … Joe Sakic would go on to rocket through junior hockey and have an NHL career that would cement his legacy in the sport.
‘Super Joe’ represented Canada in the Olympics, earned numerous awards and was instrumental in hoisting Lord Stanley’s Cup for the Colorado Avalanche – twice!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s current role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … this role is located in Burnaby … so there’s your connection … (albeit a small one)!
POSITION: REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, PHARMACY SERVICES
LOCATION: BURNABY, BC
Our client is the industry leader in specialty pharmaceutical care. They’ve asked another industry leader (Match and Fable’s Kelly Meadows) to assist them in finding a full-time Regulated Pharmacy Technician (certified in a clinical specialty and long-term care setting).
As part of a collaborative team, this role works alongside the Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Services.
You will be responsible to assist pharmacists in dispensing and checking medications and perform other technical duties.
- Assist staff Pharmacists to prepare, package and distribute patient prescriptions, (including blister packs)
- Maintain patient and drug information files
- Ensure all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Gather and ensure completeness of information
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Complete final check of prepared prescriptions
- Other duties as assigned within the Pharmacy
- Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Strong communication skills written and spoken
- Must have strong technical skills and ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage competing priorities/deadlines
- Experience with Kroll an asset in a high-volume script dispensary
HOURLY WAGE: $24.00 to $26.00 per hour
OTHER: benefits + pension plan
There are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘BURNABY JOE’ ROLE – 15L71MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.