We’ve all seen conductors stand in front of their orchestra … waving their arms in the air. However … most of us don’t appreciate the true value of their contribution.
In fact … the conductor’s primary purpose is to keep the orchestra coordinated, so each musician knows when to start and stop playing – at the exact right times.
Interestingly enough, the radius of the conductor’s motions (the exaggerated, circular flailing of the arms) appears to have zero impact on perceived beat. Apparently … it’s the velocity and acceleration of their motions that are the key factor in determining beat!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much, really.
That said … our client (who happens to be a national pharmacy chain) is looking for a conductor of sorts.
Specifically … they’re looking for a Pharmacy Manager to strategically guide their Operations team to “make some wonderful music” of their own!
POSITION: PHARMACY MANAGER
LOCATION: BARRIE, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: SPECIALTY PHARMACY (MANUFACTURING)
The Pharmacy Manager is accountable for efficiently managing operations, staff, budgets and equipment to ensure desired business outcomes are achieved. They will drive customer accountability and ensure client expectations are consistently achieved. Leadership and development of staff is a vital component of this role.
- Overall accountability for day-to-day management of operations site and clinical teams
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels are achieved for new and current accounts, consistent with contracted service levels, timelines and budgets … including legal & regulatory standards
- Recommend, implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes … and best practices
- P&L management for operations site and participation in annual budget development
- Collaborate with internal groups to support client relationships
- Work with colleagues to ensure all regulatory obligations (OCP & Health Canada) are met
- Responsible for accuracy of final products being provided to clients, specifically work with staff to limit medication errors by building a patient safety culture
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all inventory control systems to guard against “out of stocks” and “overstocks”
- Monitor expired inventory and ensure proper handling of these items to minimize financial loss
- Ensure patient confidentiality and privacy is protected
- Foster a “ground-up” culture of accountability, collaboration and continuous improvement delivering measurable qualitative and quantitative results
- Improve labour utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Ensure schedule stability … allowing for maximum return on efficiencies … and manage to labour targets
- Lead team to achieve operational and performance goals for the site … and develop organizational talent
- Provide guidance to team members on building strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Ontario Registered Pharmacist (in good standing)
- Must be a regulated pharmacist (OPA) with management experience
- 5+ years of progressive operation and managerial experience within Healthcare or Manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage others while adhering to company values and policies
- Quality process certification (TQM, ISO9000, Six Sigma)
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
- Strong relationship building capabilities and capacity to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
SALARY: $115,000 – $120,000
OTHER: bonus + vacation + rrsp + stock + pension + benefits + company discounts
PLEASE NOTE: This is a FULL-TIME role
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; THE CONDUCTOR ROLE – MTCHFBL-25G81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.