In 1983 … 61-year-old potato farmer, Cliff Young shuffled to the starting line of Australia’s famous Sydney to Melbourne Ultramarathon!
All around him, muscular, twenty-somethings stretched and flexed … adjusting their fancy, name-brand gear. They went over their strategy … only minutes away from embarking on the grueling 875-kilometer race!
Many of them also snickered under their breath as their eyes darted towards the stranger in their midst.
Meanwhile … Cliff, dressed in overalls and rubber boots, removed his dentures and placed them in his pocket. He didn’t like how they rattled when he ran.
The starter’s pistol fired and the runners took off … leaving Cliff, the potato farmer … in their dust!
At the time … the widely accepted method in ultramarathon racing was to run for 18 hours … then sleep for 6.
Thing is … no one actually told Cliff he was supposed to stop to sleep!
So … Cliff simply kept running … and running … and running some more.
In fact, on a diet consisting of hot chocolate and water … Cliff ran for 5 and a half days straight! And to everyone’s surprise … he crossed the finish line in first place – 12 hours faster than anyone had before!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … our client is looking for someone who can emulate Cliff’s determination. Someone who is relentless and eager to challenge the conventional way of doing things … but in the end … will achieve their sales targets!
POSITION: PHARMA SALES
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: GREATER HAMILTON / NIAGARA / BRANTFORD
Our client is among Canada’s leading, specialty pharmaceutical companies. They’re looking for a sales professional to foster genuine relationships with physicians and drive business success in the territory.
You’ll promote solutions focused on pain, anti‐infective and specialty medicine as well as other therapeutic areas.
Based from a home office and reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be tasked with achieving sales targets by developing, maintaining and managing new business throughout the territory.
- Maintain and develop existing client base via regular visits and relationship building + medical education
- Independently manage territory to ensure reach and frequency of targets
- Attend promotional events and conferences within territory and represent company
- Meet (and hopefully exceed) sales targets via strategic action plans
TO QUALIFY FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST POSSESS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TWO ITEMS:
- Experience promoting pain, anti‐infective and/or specialty medicine (in any territory)
- Experience calling on physicians in the Greater Hamilton / Niagara / Brantford territory (promoting any kind of pharma)
INTERESTED? If so … here are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘CLIFF YOUNG’ ROLE – 2B81-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.