In 1986 … Valerio Viccei fled Italy (as he was wanted for committing 50 armed robberies) and arrived in London England.
The following year, he and accomplice, Parvez Latif walked into the KSDC and asked to rent a safe deposit box.
Once inside the vault, the men pulled out their pistols and overpowered the bank manager and his guards.
They hung a ‘closed’ sign on the front door while ushering a few more accomplices into the bank.
Ransacking the vault … the thieves fled with an estimated £60 million (nearly $200 million USD by today’s standards). Viccei then proceeded to hop on a plane headed for South America … with his riches in tow!
While in South America, Viccei began to pine over the Ferrari Testarossa he had left behind in England and decided to return and make arrangements to ship it to his new home.
Needless to say … not the best idea he ever had.
Upon returning to the UK, he was identified … captured … arrested … and sentenced to 22 years in jail!
Long story short … he was deported to Italy in 1992 to serve out the rest of his sentence.
In April 2000 … while on a day pass from prison … he was killed in a gunfight with police.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not a single thing!
That said … since we have your attention … check out the Senior Operations Manager role we’re working on!
POSITION: SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
TERRITORY: LONDON, ON
INDUSTRY: SUPPLY CHAIN / 3PL
Our client is a North American warehousing and logistics organization. They work with all kinds of manufacturing companies and even become their retail arm for some clients!
They’re looking for a Senior Operations Manager who can deliver on a vision of change management.
This person will analyze the current operational state of the business and introduce process improvements across the Operation. They will lead continuous improvement initiatives and help identify / implement SOP’s within Receiving, Warehousing, Distribution, Materials Management and Finished Goods Inventory.
Based from offices in London, Ontario … the SOM will lead a team of 12 individuals.
This is both a people management AND a change management role.
We’re looking for a tactical candidate who loves a new challenge and has the ability to both manage change AND change resistance; someone with a vision to define a future state of Operations and help lead and implement those changes!
- Analyze current state of operations and introduce process improvements – across the board
- Process mapping, new design layouts, labour standards, material planning, etc.)
- Build, implement and maintain SOP’s and best practices throughout the Operation
- Ensure Health & Safety, compliance and regulatory requirements are being met
- MUST HAVE: 10 years of Operations Management experience
- MUST HAVE: P&L experience; ability to lead with financial savvy; understanding of how Operational metrics tie-in to financial results
- MUST HAVE: A proven ability to introduce and upgrade warehouse process and technology
- BIG PLUS: Previous experience in a 3PL environment as well as Inventory Analysis (dead stock, shadow inventory, capacity planning, process flow, etc…)
- BIG PLUS: Designations in supply chain logistics and/or Lean, Six Sigma
- BIG PLUS: The ideal candidate may have a network of other high-performing talent to potentially bring over to the business
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $12,000 – $15,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $92,000 – $105,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + ‘family first’ culture
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘BREAK THE BANK’ ROLE – MCHFBL11D81
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)