When leading an orchestra … the subtle (and at times … not so subtle) motions of a conductor’s baton are used to communicate many things to the musicians. including … tempo, time signature, and dynamics.
Without a conductor … to control ‘the flow’ … the musicians could clearly still perform … but each would do so based on their individual opinions on how a piece of music should be played.
As a result … conflicting opinions could lead to a sub-par performance … and at times … chaos!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much … really.
That said … much like a conductor is responsible for helping deliver a flawless performance … the OR, Nurse Manager Kelly Meadows is looking for will be tasked with doing the very same thing at her client’s clinic in Oakville, ON.
(Please note: the successful candidate WILL NOT receive a baton to perform their duties!)
POSITION: OPERATING ROOM, NURSE MANAGER
LOCATION: OAKVILLE, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: NURSING (PLASTIC SURGERY)
The Operating Room, Nurse Manager provides top care to cosmetic surgical clients with cutting edge operating room procedures. Leading the OR team of clinic staff in a two room OR Facility … this individual will work to support the Plastic Surgeons.
This role requires a Registered Nurse with proven experience in Perioperative Nursing and management. Our client’s clinic provides a variety of exciting educational and professional development opportunities – in a state-of-the art surgical clinic.
- Immediate pre-operative, intra-operative duties to assist physicians (scrubbing, circulating … etc …)
- Ensuring perioperative personnel provide safe & effective patient-centered care in perioperative services
- Ordering OR supplies and managing the maintenance of OR equipment
- Verifying educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holding personnel accountable for compliance with established standards
- Providing direct care to surgical patients and directing / advising OR nurses.
- Outside of patient care, operating room Nurse Manager will have administrative responsibilities, which include budgeting, quality improvement and staffing
- Evaluating performance of staff nurses, providing feedback and mentoring, developing education programs, contributing to staff professional development
- In charge of the daily operations within the Operating Room
- Registered Nurse Diploma or BA in Nursing Certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience in Aesthetics or Plastic Surgery
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification preferred Perioperative certificate (preferred)
- Recent OR Experience
- Current BCLS/C.P.R. Certification
SALARY: $46.00 / HOUR
OTHER: vacation + BONUS
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part-time role (2.5-3 days per week)
Candidate must be flexible to work around our client’s schedule
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘CONDUCTOR’ ROLE – MTCHFBL-27D81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.