In 1895, Tillie Gburek married John Mitkiewicz. In 1914, John passed away from what was believed to be “a heart condition”. Tillie’s second husband, Joseph Ruskowski also died … as did her next boyfriend.
Tillie’s third husband was Frank Kupczyk. Tillie would greet Frank in the morning, saying “it won’t be long now” … “you’ll be dying soon”. As Frank’s health deteriorated … Tillie began knitting herself a mourning hat … and even purchased a bargain coffin – storing it in their basement!
Upon Kupczyk’s death, Tillie remarried, yet again. And, as you’ve probably guessed, this husband (Frank Klimek) also fell ill. But this time … doctors suspected arsenic poisoning, and lab tests confirmed it!
As she was being arrested … Tillie turned to the police officer and said …”the next one I want to cook a dinner for, is you”.
The bodies of Tillie’s victims were exhumed … and were found to contain lethal doses of arsenic. Her “weapon of choice” had been a rat poison called – Rough On Rats!
Following her arrest, it was found that; a total of 20 people had fallen ill after dining at Tillie’s home (14 of whom died) and Tillie, newly nicknamed, “the Poison Widow” … had life insurance policies on all of her husbands!
PS: On the bright side … you may be glad to know, after 3 months in the hospital … Joseph Klimek survived!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
POSITION: QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE / REGULATORY AFFAIRS
INDUSTRY: MEDICAL DEVICE
Reporting to the Director of QA / RA … the Quality and Compliance Specialist will ensure operational processes are in accordance with the Quality Management System and the organization’s compliance department.
This individual will assist with the overall quality and regulatory processes and ensure all documentation is updated, as per Health Canada and FDA guidelines.
- Update and organize procedures and documentation, as per organizational guidelines
- Develop and update SOP’s and work instructions, as necessary
- Assist with updating product labelling and packaging artwork documentation
- Maintain and support the requirements of the Quality Management Systems
- Provide assistance to the Director QA / RA
- Perform other projects, as required
- 4 years’ experience in quality assurance or quality control – in the medical device industry
- Will consider candidates from related industry (food processing, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or GMP)
- MUST HAVE: University degree in a science related discipline
- Experience managing Quality Systems and processing change controls
- Sound working knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Familiar with ISO 13485 and Health Canada Medical Device Guidelines, preferred
- REALLY NICE TO HAVE: Lab experience … testing medical devices
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
OTHER: medical benefits + RRSP + pension + vacation
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; ROUGH ON RATS – MTCHFBL17A91
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.