Growing up the son of Croatian immigrants … my life was full of unique experiences.
And, from what I could tell … these experiences weren’t typically afforded to other kids in my neighbourhood.
You see, by the age of 11 … my parents expected my sisters and I to be able to ‘handle things’ for them.
These ‘things’ included writing letters on their behalf … renewing insurance policies … calling Sears to schedule a repairman … and reading and filing the mail – among others!
One advantage of growing up in our house was the exposure to words that weren’t exactly English … or Croatian, for that matter.
One of my father’s classics was (and still is) … “un-believe-it”.
If the Leafs won … he’d shout “un-believe-it”.
Come to think of it, if they lost … he’d shout “un-believe-it” too!
We never knew if he really meant to say ‘unbelievable’ … or ‘I don’t believe it’ … or ‘I can’t believe it’. Whatever the case … he used it a lot!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, when it comes to this Vancouver-based role … my dad would definitely say it’s … ‘un-believe-it’!
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (HUNTER)
REPORTS TO: SALES DIRECTOR
TERRITORY: GREATER VANCOUVER AREA
INDUSTRY: ADVERTISING INDUSTRY
In a word, our client’s business offering is simply … awesome!
They’ve been in business for nearly 25 years … and entered the Canadian market over a decade ago.
Their client base is a ‘who’s who’ of some of the largest companies in the world.
The role involves calling on advertising agencies … as well as targeting ‘client-direct’ business.
They’ve got their eyes set on significant growth and are looking for a business development professional to ‘make it rain’ in their Vancouver territory!
- As a hunter sales professional, responsible for driving new revenue … via new client acquisition.
- Target advertising agencies … to develop creative strategies for target clientele
- Generate client specific proposals … and creative ideas
- Build genuine business relationships to achieve retention … while continuing to achieving sales targets
- 5+ years of senior sales experience
- Experience selling into … (and existing relationships with) advertising agencies in the Vancouver Area
- 3 years of hunting experience … targeting and closing new logos
- Not the type of person who waits for the Marketing Department to send them leads
BASE SALARY: $85,000 – $120,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $135,000 – $170,000 (again … uncapped)
OTHER: cell phone + benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads UN-BELIEVE-IT (VANCITY) – 31J91
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.