My parents escaped from Yugoslavia in 1967 … came to Canada … and eventually had 3 kids.
I was the youngest.
The standing rule in our house was … the youngest child in the room was the ‘gopher’.
For example, if my father wanted an apple, he’d call out … “Mark … wash me an apple”.
I’d drop what I was doing and get that apple – he never asked twice … and I knew better than to complain!
When it came to watching television … I was also The Channel Changer!
While the early 80’s didn’t offer a lot of TV channels to choose from … my father eventually grew tired of the channel he was watching.
When that happened, he’d call out, “Mark … TV” … and I’d walk over and turn the knob until I landed on a show he liked.
Needless to say, I was one happy kid when we finally bought a television that came with a remote control.
By the way … we never called it a “remote” … we just kept calling it “the channel changer”!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, Match and Fable’s latest mandate is looking for a National Account Executive with experience selling media in the advertising agency space. The candidate we are hunting for will have sold TV media to ad agencies.
POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: SALES DIRECTOR
INDUSTRY: MEDIA / ADVERTISING
In a word, our client’s product offering is simply … “brilliant”!
The role involves calling on advertising agencies … and, at times, targeting ‘client-direct’ business.
They’re set on big growth and are looking for a National Account Executive to sell TV media to advertising agencies.
- As a hunter sales professional, responsible for driving new revenue … via new client acquisition.
- Target advertising agencies … to develop creative strategies for target, national clientele
- Generate client specific proposals … and creative ideas
- Build genuine business relationships to achieve retention … while continuing to achieving sales targets
- 10+ years of senior sales experience … as a hunter … targeting and closing new logos
- Experience selling into … (and existing relationships with) advertising agencies in Toronto
- Specific experience with the television medium
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $140,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $170,000 – $190,000 (again … uncapped)
OTHER: cell phone + benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE CHANNEL CHANGER – 11L91
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.