If you’re a basketball fan … you’ve heard the term “dropping a dime” – at least a thousand times!
But what does the term mean … and where did it originate?
As you may know … an assist in basketball is registered when one player makes a pass to another … and that pass is integral to a basket being scored.
Now … while no one can say for certain how this idiom came into existence … it is believed to have originated from the days before cell phones … (when you actually had to find a pay phone to make a call).
Back in the day, it cost 10 cents to make a call … and a person would often ask another for a dime.
As such … giving someone a dime was, in essence … assisting them to make a phone call!
So … there you have it!
But what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much … really.
That said … if you’re interested in a sales career … and looking for an opportunity to break into the profession … consider this job description as the folks at Match and Fable ‘dropping you a dime’!
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
INDUSTRY: MARKETING / ADVERTISING
Our client is a world-class team of professional and goal-oriented individuals who help clients develop and execute their marketing strategies.
This role requires a candidate with discipline and success in direct sales and a positive and energetic attitude.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will seek out and assist clients with their marketing strategies. This position involves short term sales activity with a 1 – 2-month sales cycle and the ability to develop and implement a long-term strategy to ensure client retention and build future business relationships.
We’re looking for a candidate who is self-motivated and loves the excitement and ‘hustle’ of the sale!
- Establish and build account relationships with key decision makers in all departments
- Achieve sales targets for new business and renewals
- Develop unique strategies (short and long term) to meet the goals of customers in your assigned territory
- Live and exude the company’s core values
- MUST HAVE: Minimum of 1 year of B2B sales experience (inside or outside sales)
- MUST HAVE: Valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Fluent in English and must be eligible to work in Canada
- PREFERRED- Post-secondary education
- BIG PLUS: Highly capable of achieving targets through self-motivation, tenacity and determination
- Strong verbal communication skills, comfortable making cold calls, setting up appointments
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel + Word + PowerPoint)
- Experience with CRM and mobile, an asset
- An entrepreneurial background … is a plus
BASE SALARY: $36,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $18,000 – $30,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $54,000 – $66,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: car allowance + cellphone allowance + vacation + benefits
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; DROP A DIME – 30A91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell me how your experience fits what I’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)