The expression “earning one’s stripes” comes from the military practice of awarding service members with crests, often resembling stripes. The stripes indicate rank – and one’s rank means a lot!
The US Army awards a single stripe for each 3-year period of service.
The Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard … stretch it to 4 years.
Now, the concept of “earning your stripes” doesn’t only apply to the military.
At Match and Fable we talk to a hell of a lot of sales professionals – from newbies to ultra-experienced!
New sales professionals pine for the day they can meet the requirements of the senior, big money roles!
The path to getting there is … successful experience.
They have to earn their “sales stripes”.
The best way to earn these stripes is to join a company that will invest in your training.
A company with a blueprint on how to be successful and a Sales Manager who will provide the guidance as long as you bring the desire to learn.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
A lot, actually!
Match and Fable’s latest role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a life-long career in sales!
Not only will you receive top-shelf training and mentorship … but you’ll also have the opportunity to genuinely earn a fantastic income!
POSITION: SALES REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: CAMBRIDGE / KITCHENER / WATERLOO
As a Sales Representative … you will sell a product and solution into the RESIDENTIAL market.
A product EVERYONE needs!
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn a pretty great income and progress your career … by selling heating and cooling products and solutions (by appointment) within the residential market segment.
You will have an abundance of potential clients to present to … and you’ll receive world-class support from your Sales Manager for everything you’ll need to be successful – (training, marketing & technical support)!
Paid training consists of an intensive 3-week course on the company’s sales process and products and ride-a-long’s with successful team members.
Your primary mission will be to achieve sales targets and metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Responsible for prospecting and selling … through regular, residential sales calls across your territory
- This is a business development role
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the customer and the organization
- Meet with potential customers (often in the early evening)
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- A proven track record of successful sales experience selling into the consumer market (residential sales)
- Self-motivated, results-driven and highly organized with excellent time management skills
- A strong commitment to providing an excellent customer experience by providing a thorough, informative presentation that distinguishes our client from their competition
- Hungry, dedicated … and able to work under pressure with an ambitious attitude
BASE SALARY: 100% commission based (Average first year earnings range from $60,000 – $120,000)
TRAINING SALARY: 8 weeks of paid training ($750.00 per week)
YEAR 1 ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $60,000 – $120,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: solid training + extensive medical/dental coverage + mileage + cell + educational reimbursement
INTERESTED? There are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Jordana Matsos at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; STRIPES – 25J20-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Jordana how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)