We’re pretty sure you know the term … “crème de la crème” is borrowed from the French language, where it literally means … “cream of the cream”.
We’re also pretty certain you know that (metaphorically speaking) the term refers to “the best of the best”.
What you may NOT know is … interestingly enough, this expression is actually quite uncommon in French!
It’s widely believed this term may have originally had additional appeal in English due to the French language evoking a sense of sophistication, taste and style!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … our client is in rapid expansion mode and they’ve asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to help them find a Director of Food and Beverage … who is the “crème de la crème” in their profession.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FOOD & BEVERAGE
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: KILLARNEY, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: HOTELS & RESORTS
Our client is looking for a candidate to lead this vital part of their business. The successful candidate will set the pace, expectation and attitude of the team.
They will foster a culture of team work and accountability. Everything from guest experience … to staff development falls under the scope of this role.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate, and manage food & beverage service staff and related supervisory staff to ensure employees receive suitable guidance and resources to accomplish objectives
- Develop strong and cooperative relationship with Executive Chef to ensure excellent relations between kitchen and service staff … (and expedient delivery of food to guests)
- Establish departmental standards, guidelines, and objectives and maintain other administrative processes such as budget, inventory control and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of food & beverage department and all related function
- Advise organization in food & beverage-related issues, such as planning of special events, in order to provide the expertise needed for successful implementation of plans
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on sales, labour and inventory performances
- MUST HAVE: 3 years’ experience in a food service management role (leading, coaching & developing)
- NICE TO HAVE: Resort / Hotel experience would be a huge asset
- A true ‘hands-on’ management style
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000 + incentives + bonuses
OTHER: vacation + housing + meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘CRÈME DE LA CRÈME’ ROLE – 12I81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.