In 1962 … a handful of workers in the dress making department of a textile mill in North Carolina took ill. They claimed to be experiencing numbness, dizziness and nausea.
Soon after … news spread that a bug in the factory was biting employees and causing the illness!
Over the next few days … more and more employees started to experience the same mysterious symptoms! In total … 62 people were affected … and a number of them required hospitalization.
Of the 62 employees … 59 worked on the first shift … 58 worked in the same area … and 50 of the cases occurred in the two days after the media had “sensationalized” the event.
Company physicians and representatives from the US Public Health Service Communicable Disease Center descended on the mill and following their investigation … they concluded the episode had been a case of mass hysteria!
While researchers believed some workers had actually been bitten by a June Bug, the anxiety associated to the event was the cause of the symptoms.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? – nothing at all!
That said … we really liked the sound of “The June Bug Role” … and it is the month of June!
But … now that we have your attention … we’d like to direct you to Kelly Meadows’ latest role.
POSITION: CLINICAL LEADER, REGISTERED NURSE
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE (SOUTH WESTERN ONTARIO)
INDUSTRY: HEALTHCARE / MEDICAL INFUSION (CLINIC)
The Clinical Leader supervises nurses who provide nursing care to individuals … including the intravenous or injection administration of biologics or other specialty pharmaceutical products.
They will promote patient health by completing health reviews prior to treatment, reviewing patient files and collaborating with multidisciplinary team members. The objective is to provide medical therapies or self-administration teaching to patients in an ambulatory setting.
The Regional Clinical Leader Nurse coordinates the efforts of the nursing team, ensuring consistent behaviour and adherence to protocols and procedures. The position is responsible for evaluating employees within the region and requires travel to attend and supervise all clinics.
They will act as a resource and provide expertise, training and mentoring to staff … to ensure safe, high quality and consistent delivery of care.
- Provides expert medication administration and care for patients, an oversees the Nursing staff
- Ensures there is adequate staffing in clinics and interacts with patient and families
- Accountable for the day-to-day operations of the clinical aspects of the nurses
- Provides professional clinical leadership and acts as a resource to the staff in the applicable region
- Provides onboarding assistance to newly hired Nurses and participate in the orientation process
- Participates in audit assessment activities to determine adherence to protocols and guidelines
- Monitors performance to ensure adherence to Ontario Provincial College of Nurses guidelines
- Collaborates with physicians to plan patient care activities and develops strategies for dealing with issues
- Collaborates with infusion coordinator teams to ensure superior customer service
- Maintains up-to-date professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Executes presentations, demonstrations and site visits ensuring professional service delivery
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience in a clinical medical or hospital environment with proven leadership
- Registered Nurse Diploma or BA in Nursing Certificate
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and (RNAO)
- Updated immunization records
- Solid leadership skills + demonstrated ability to manage while adhering to company values / policies
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
- Excellent technical skills and ability to work on various software systems in addition to excellent communication and interpersonal skills
SALARY: $85,000 – $95,000
OTHER: + BONUS, VACATION, RRSP, STOCK SHARING, PENSION, MEDICAL BENEFITS
PLEASE NOTE: Experience in the therapeutic pain area is an asset with infusion nursing
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE JUNE BUG ROLE – MTCHFBL-15F81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.