The Red Hand has long been a cultural symbol representing the Province of Ulster, in Northern Ireland.
As one legend of its origin has it … once upon a time, there was a king who had two sons.
In order to determine which of them would succeed their father and claim ownership to the throne, they agreed to a competition.
The competition would take place in the form of a boat race around an island … and back to shore.
The first of the sons to lay a hand on the shoreline would be declared the winner … and king-in-waiting!
The boats set-off on the race … and for the most part, remained ‘neck-and-neck’.
As they rounded the island, heading back to shore … one of the boats started to pull ahead.
Quickly approaching the finish line, the brother in the trailing vessel realized he was all but certain to lose. Refusing to surrender … he grabbed his sword and in one powerful stroke, chopped off his own hand … and threw it (red and bloody) … onto the beach – guaranteeing his victory!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, Match and Fable’s client is looking for a creative and motivated Account Executive in the Commercial Insurance industry (no sword or boating skills required).
Our client is an absolute powerhouse … delivering top-quality insurance services for businesses across the globe! They’re looking for a professional with 3+ years of hunter-type, sales experience in the commercial insurance space.
They will entertain sales professionals (with their RIBO), who may have slightly less experience … but possess incredible drive and are looking to build their portfolio … and expand their overall business.
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
INDUSTRY: COMMERCIAL INSURANCE
- Responsible for building a book of business via targeted, territory sales calls
- Understand target clientele’s operations and risk exposure … in order to identify specific needs
- Provide a consultative sales approach – creating value for both client and organization
- Manage portfolio performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Review and revise insurance programs with client to ensure suitable coverage
- Introduce service team to clients as the primary point of contact for service needs
- Quarterback the account renewal process
- Manage client relationships at senior-most level to become a trusted risk management advisor.
- Cross-sell and expand existing insurance programs with our clientele to increase share of wallet sales
- MUST HAVE: RIBO Certification + post-secondary education + 3 years’ sales experience
- NICE TO HAVE: CIP, FCIP
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $20,000 – $65,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $100,000 – $165,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: rrsp + benefits + car allowance + technology + stock options
- Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line reads; RED HAND – 15C20MTCHFBL
- Based on the job description … please tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.