While the words ‘dynamite’ and ‘TNT’ are often used interchangeably … they are absolutely not the same thing!
Back in the 1860’s … Alfred Nobel (a Swedish chemist and engineer) was hard at work … searching for an alternative to nitroglycerine (as it is incredibly volatile).
Nobel’s objective was to create a stable product that wouldn’t blow people to smithereens by simply handling it! By combining nitroglycerin, sorbents and stabilizers … Alfred created dynamite!
(Interestingly … an explosion at his plant killed his brother … so maybe it wasn’t that safe … after all?)
TNT, on the other hand … was discovered by Joseph Wilbrand in Germany in 1863.
It is made by adding 3 NO2 groups (from nitric acid) to toluene.
And, while TNT isn’t as powerful as dynamite … it is far more stable and difficult to ignite … making it a safer (albeit, more toxic) option!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … our client is looking for a talented healthcare sales professional with explosive new business and account management skills to join their team in the GTA!
POSITION: NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (CANADA)
REPORTS TO: NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR
TERRITORY: GREATER TORONTO AREA
OFFICE: WEST GTA
INDUSTRY: HEALTHCARE / HOSPITALS
Reporting to the National Sales Director, the National Account Executive will drive national business development efforts by influencing end users (via procurement) to adopt the company’s healthcare products across their facilities.
- Primary contact for procurement and contract negotiations with Integrated Delivery Networks, Group Purchasing Organizations and other Healthcare chains or affiliated groups
- Drive national sales via contracts and RFP processes and manage all processes for executing bid responses
- Drive new and existing end user conversion/expanded usage of the healthcare portfolio of products within healthcare facilities via monitoring of adherence to contract compliance
- Work supportively with procurement officers and clerks to provide guidance and assistance with bid documents, evaluation processes and contract management
- Oversee aspects of purchasing, negotiations, sales strategies and process implementation
- MUST HAVE: 5 years of direct healthcare / hospital sales experience -or- infection control -or- pharma
- MUST HAVE: Procurement/Supply Chain experience; preference for experience in a hospital setting
- MUST HAVE: Working knowledge of the various provincial health structures/organizations
- Experience with strategic sourcing and procurement practices (+ total cost analysis techniques)
- Experience with trade agreements and the Broader Public-Sector Act
- University degree (highly preferred)
- NICE TO HAVE: (or working toward) Certified Supply Chain Management Professional Designation
BASE SALARY RANGE: $115,000 – $120,000
ON-TARGET BONUS: $20,000 – $24,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $135,000 – $144,000
OTHER: vacation + day 1 health benefits + car allowance + home office / corporate office split
INTERESTED? There are 4 things we’re going to need from you;
- Send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘DYNAMITE’ ROLE – 10CJ81-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please explain how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)