In the late 1700’s, in Roscommon, Ireland … a woman named Betty and her son lived in horrible poverty. Although uncommon for someone raised in such conditions, Betty was literate … so she taught her son to read and write. She would constantly remind her son that only money would bring him happiness … and when he was old enough … he left Roscommon to find his fortune – in America!
Years later, one dark evening, a tall, well-dressed gentleman knocked on Betty’s door asking for a place to stay. She opened her house to him, but later that night, as he lay sleeping … Betty crept quietly into his room … and murdered the man for his money!
As Betty sat rifling through the man’s belongings, she discovered this ‘stranger’ was in fact … her son!
Overcome by the horror of her actions, Betty ran screaming into the streets … confessing her guilt. She was arrested, stood trial and was condemned to death – by hanging!
On the day of her execution … as Betty and several other criminals were being led into the yard … they were informed the executioner had “called in sick” … and the sheriff was refusing to personally perform the executions.
Taking the term ‘carpe diem’ to a whole new level …Betty asked that her life be spared and in return, she’d hang the rest of the prisoners herself!
The sheriff agreed … and Betty got to work! “Lady Betty” was so efficient and capable … that she was appointed Roscommon’s Hang Woman … a job with a yearly salary … as well room and board!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much, really.
That said … our client is looking for an equally efficient and highly capable eCommerce Manager to create and ‘execute’ (pardon the pun) … an eCommerce plan – flawlessly!
POSITION: eCOMMERCE MANAGER
INDUSTRY: MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Our Life Sciences client is a leading supplier of products & services supporting infusions and wound care. They’ve asked Match and Fable to help them find an eCommerce Manager to assist in building their eCommerce platform. Not only will this individual help build the platform … they will also manage the department on a go-forward basis. Working in tandem with internal departments … they’ll also manage the corporate website, social media presence and on-line advertising – to ensure a unified message / presence.
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to develop / execute a unified, on-line eCommerce presence
- Drive site traffic via a marketing and brand strategy … utilizing digital marketing/demand generation tactics
- Direct the day-to-day operations of on-line store
- Develop / execute strategies to drive growth across 3rd-party retailer e-commerce channel
- Develop a digital marketing strategy to engage new and existing customers along ‘path to purchase’
- Lead marketing campaigns (search, social and affiliate) to support e-commerce objectives
- Direct responsibility for digital marketing budget & KPIs (average order, conversion, revenue etc …)
- MUST HAVE: 3+ years’ ‘hands-on’ experience managing the marketing of an e-commerce site, digital marketing, social media platforms, traffic acquisition, SEO, SEM, paid social, affiliate, display and retargeting
- MUST HAVE: Bachelor’s degree
- MUST HAVE: Expert-level skills with Shopify platform
- Ability to build and optimize digital marketing/demand generation strategies (e.g. email marketing, SEO/PPC, digital display, etc.) using Google Ads and MailChimp. (including associated success metrics)
- Ability to communicate between cross-functional teams and relay complex information to internal groups
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- High-level knowledge for KPI creation and measurement (Google Analytics)
- Solid understanding of standard eCommerce KPI’s and common benchmarks
SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
BONUS: $7,000 – $8,000 (8%)
OTE: $97,000 – $108,000
OTHER: benefits + pension + rrsp matching
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Sabrina Galli needs from you;
- Send your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; THE ‘EXECUTIONER’ ROLE – 02IMTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.