For those brazen enough to attempt a casino heist … the results are almost always fruitless. And, while many elaborate schemes have been hatched over the years … very, very few have resulted in a prosperous haul.
That said … Bill Brennan, a clean-cut 34-year-old from Pennsylvania … is the exception to that rule … and the simplicity of his plan left both security and police detectives scratching their heads!
On September 22, 1992, Mr. Brennan reported to work as a floor cashier at the Stardust Casino in Las Vegas … just as he had been doing for the previous 4 years.
As usual, Bill worked the first half of his shift but … when his lunch break rolled around, he grabbed his gym bag (filled with $500,000) … strolled past security … out the front door … and for all intents and purposes … vanished from the face of the earth!
The most successful robbery in Las Vegas history!
What does this have to with Match and Fable’s role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … while we have your attention … we’d love to tell you about our latest role as a Purchasing Specialist!
POSITION: PURCHASING SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
TERRITORY: WOODBRIDGE, ON
INDUSTRY: HOME BUILDING / HARDWARE SUPPLIES
Our client is a national retailer of quality hardware for cabinetry, in the home building and design space. Based from a GTA office and reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for all the North American purchasing of the company, including inventory control.
This role requires an individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the leadership to be both proactive and reactive in the day-to-day procurement capacity.
Someone who has the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate between the various groups of the business and manage all of the purchasing and inventory control tasks, required to keep the business operations flowing.
You’ll be the “go-to” person for all affairs regarding purchases and inventory so leadership qualities are a must!
- Handle all the North American purchasing duties of the organization
- Collaborate and communicate between warehouse, showroom and other company groups on delivery ETA’s, scheduling, etc …
- Maintain accurate data in the ERP system
- Manage all inbound shipments and receiving orders
- Inventory control duties; cycle counting and verifying ERP to actual warehouse items
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years’ experience in purchasing/procurement
- A post-secondary diploma/degree
- Strong communication, collaboration, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in working with ERP systems
- BIG PLUS: Experience in purchasing/procurement in a distribution environment
- BONUS: Experience working with the Profit 21 ERP system, specifically
BASE SALARY: $55,000 – $65,000
BONUS POTENTIAL: $500 – $2,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $55,500 – $67,000
OTHER: health benefits, vacation, great company culture + work-life balance
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘EYE IN THE SKY’ ROLE – 16G81-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)