While there’s an ongoing debate as to who the original creator of the hamburger is … Louis Lassen is most frequently credited with fashioning the very first one, in New Haven, Connecticut … in 1900.
As the story goes … a customer was a bit pressed for time and asked Louis for something “quick and delicious”.
Lassen grabbed some ground beef and mixed it with the ingredients he usually used for his steak sandwiches. He then broiled the ground beef and pressed it between two pieces of toasted bread.
No one could ever have imagined the popularity the hamburger would go on to enjoy. In fact … it’s estimated that Americans consume 50,000,000,000 (and that’s not a typo – 50 BILLION) … hamburgers each year!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … our client is one of the fastest growing hamburger chains in North America!
They have asked Match and Fable’s Mark Vandyke to assist them in their search for a General Manager for their Calgary, Alberta location.
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
INDUSTRY: FAST CASUAL
Our client is looking for a candidate to set the pace, expectation and attitude of the team.
The ‘right person’ will foster a culture of team work and accountability.
Everything from … guest experience to food safety to staff development falls under the scope of this role.
- Direct shift operations … with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Ensure an exceptional guest experience via effective staff training & development
- Perform regular table visits to drive positive guest interactions
- Manage inventory levels, freshness standards and ordering of supplies
- Oversee & manage company cleanliness and product freshness guidelines
- Deliver an elevated guest experience by creating an upbeat … high energy atmosphere
- Oversee and manage all COGS (and if you don’t know what COGS is … this probably isn’t the role for you).
- MUST HAVE: 2 years’ experience in a similar role, management role (leading and coaching teams)
- MUST HAVE: Kitchen, scheduling, inventory and cost control experience
- A genuine ‘hands-on’ management style … where you are comfortable contributing in all aspects of the business; from prep … to cook … to … (quite honestly) whatever it takes
SALARY: $45,000 – $55,000 + incentives and bonuses
OTHER: vacation + benefits + free staff meals
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Mark Vandyke needs from you;
- Send your resume to Mark at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘LOUIS LASSEN’ ROLE – 29H81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.