William Frederick Cody was born February 26, 1846 … in present day Iowa. He would go on to become an American soldier, bison hunter and showman.
During the American Civil War … Cody struck a contract with the Kansas Pacific Railroad to supply their employees with buffalo meat. Over the next 18 months … he killed 4,282 buffalo (nearly 250 per month)!
As it came to pass … Cody and another hunter, named Bill Comstock both wanted to use the nickname, “Buffalo Bill”. To settle the matter, they agreed to take part in a competition. Whoever killed more buffalo over a span of eight-hours, would earn exclusive rights to the moniker.
Cody emerged victorious by hunting down and killing 68 animals … to Comstock’s 48.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, our US-based client happens to be looking for a hunter … to help take their business to the next level.
Match and Fable’s client has been a trusted name in the US Northeast for 30+ years – as a top-tier player in the landscape design, architecture and development industries. They are the ‘brains and braun’ behind some of the areas’ most breathtaking designs in both the commercial and residential markets. And, with their fully-comprehensive, end-to-end service they boast a client focus unlike any other in the exterior esthetics space.
Our client is looking for a sales professional with 3 to 5+ years of B2B sales experience to expand their ever-growing organization and continue to do what they do best; – create beautiful things!
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DISTRICT MANAGER
TERRITORY: FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA
- Responsible for prospecting, identifying and bringing on new business in the expanding market
- Attending social networking events
- Identifying and creating a list of Top target accounts in the region (new logos)
- Operating from a hybrid workspace, spending the majority of time on the road, in their territory, visiting prospective new clients and positioning services
- Providing a consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and organization
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in B2B sales with a focus on new business development
- A genuine HUNTER mentality
- NICE-TO-HAVE: A background in landscaping or commercial landscaping, design/build construction … as well as key buyer/client relationships within the industry
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $75,000 (USD)
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $8,000 – $12,000 (USD) – uncapped
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $58,000 – $87,000 – uncapped
OTHER: company vehicle + cell phone + laptop + 401K + 3 weeks’ PTO + medical benefits
WHAT NOW? If you’re interested (and qualified) for this role … the ball is in your court.
- Email your resume to Sarina at; email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line reads; #12I91-BUFFALO BILL
- Based on the job description … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.