On October 9, 1919, (after having won winning Games 6 and 7) … the Chicago White Sox faced off against the Cincinnati Reds, in a “must-win” 8th game of the World Series.
The White Sox were widely considered one of the best baseball teams in the sports’ history.
But they lost … 10-5.
Long story short, 8 members of the team were accused of ‘fixing’ the series, in exchange for money.
The players were acquitted in their 1921 trial, but the Commissioner of the MLB issued a life-time ban from professional baseball – to all of them.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, in keeping with the theme of trials and law … Match and Fable’s Doreen Silva is searching for a Senior Law Clerk in Toronto.
POSITION: SENIOR LAW CLERK (CORPORATE)
INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
Our client a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They are located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and looking for a Senior Law Clerk (Corporate) … to join their team.
- Prepare and file articles and corporate documentation relating to routine and complex incorporations, amendments, continuances, amalgamations, dissolutions, changes in corporate structure and transactions governed by the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act + the Corporations Act (Ontario)
- Conduct complex corporate reviews and related due diligence in connection with transactions; recommend and draft rectification materials
- Prepare documentation related to mergers, acquisitions, financings, share/asset purchase and sale transactions and tax reorganizations, including; complex and routine closing agendas, corporate structure charts, complex and multiple classes of shares, rollover and share exchange documents
- Prepare and file extra-provincial and territorial registrations, amendments and annual returns on behalf of corporations, partnerships and limited partnerships
- Prepare / file annual returns, Form 1 & 2, as required by the Corporations Information Act (Ontario)
- Participate in education of articling + summer students + lawyers within the firm
- 10+ years’ experience relevant to the responsibilities above, preferably at a large law firm
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Membership in good standing with Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the corporate statutes
- Superior computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, CorpLink, EnAct, Cyberbahn + Adobe)
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours … when required and/or necessary
BASE SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $100,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Doreen Silva at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; THE FIX – 8A21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Doreen why you would like to be considered for this position.