Odds are, you’ve never heard of it.
Even so, it happens to be one of the world’s best kept secrets.
The Hapsburg Napkin’s origins trace back to the dining halls of Austro-Hungarian royalty.
Believe it or not … the instructions for the ‘royal act’ of folding the napkin are considered a top government secret in Austria!
And, while many have desperately tried to ‘crack the code’ … to date, no one has succeeded.
It’s believed, only two people in the world know the intricate directions … and they’ve sworn an oath to protect the mystery – at all costs!
There are no written instructions, anywhere. Go ahead … try and google it!
In fact, the secret is passed to a new individual only once death is imminent for one of the secret holders!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really!
That said, Match and Fable’s latest mandate is for a HR Director who (by the very nature of the position) will be exposed to sensitive information and will very likely need to keep a few secrets of their own!
POSITION: DIRECTOR, HR
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR, HR
OFFICE: OAKVILLE AREA
Our client is looking for a Director of HR to be based from their offices in Oakville.
The Director will manage 3 individuals; an HR Manager, an HR Generalist and an HR Coordinator.
We’re looking for a seasoned professional … with well-rounded experience.
Details are listed below … so, if you’ve got what we’re looking for … you know where to find us!
- Act as a partner + consultant to with the management team – understanding the demands of the business
- Partner with management to develop / implement HR strategies in support of business objectives
- Support HR team and management with grievance management, contract interpretation / negotiation, resolving performance-related issues, conflict resolution and effective employment termination
- Direct HR team + management + employees with respect to the application of HR policies and processes
- Communicate organizational objectives & ensure dialogue planning & evaluations are properly completed
- Participate in the annual Succession Planning and Compensation processes
- Lead teams to address business opportunities or challenges (large projects, M&A’s and facility closures)
- MUST HAVE: University Degree
- NICE TO HAVE: Master’s Degree, CHRP + any other HR related designations or associations
- MUST BE: Very well-versed in; Compensation + Recruitment + Organizational Effectiveness + Talent Development
- Experience coaching and advising Senior Leaders
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in HR with AT LEAST 5 years’ senior level, HR management experience
- A confident personality … coupled with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP or HRIS system + advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills – ability to coach and mentor other HR professionals + share knowledge
- Some local travel and approximately 6 – 8x / year to Quebec
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $140,000
MBO: up to 20% ($26,000 – $28,000)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $156,000 – $168,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads HAPSBURG NAPKIN – 2C20MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits the requirements of this role.