One of seven children … J.R. Cash was born in Arkansas on February 26, 1932 and grew up on the family farm.
His family made their living in the cotton fields … a job Johnny was introduced to at the age of 5!
Fast forward 46 years and following significant financial success as a country singer … Johnny had built the “House of Cash” on a farm, 25 miles outside Nashville – where he kept exotic animals.
1981 delivered a particularly harsh winter and as such, Johnny decided he needed to move his animals into shelters to help them survive. As Johnny approached his 7-foot ostrich named Waldo, it was clear the bird was not in a cooperative mood.
As Johnny cornered the bird … Waldo jumped into the air … delivering a vicious kick that split Johnny’s stomach wide-open. The force of Waldo’s kick broke 5 of his ribs and caused significant internal bleeding.
What does this have to do with my role?
Well, nothing really.
Nothing at all.
On this mandate … Danielle Giannattasio of Match and Fable is looking for a Sales and Contract Manager for a steel fabrication client in Prince George, British Columbia.
If you live in the area (or ever wanted to) … this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
POSITION: SALES & CONTRACTS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
LOCATION: PRINCE GEORGE, BC
INDUSTRY: STEEL FABRICATION
Our client is a well-known company within the steel fabrication industry.
They are a market leader in Prince George, servicing virtually every industry – from pulp and paper, to oil & gas … to mining … and beyond!
They have recently invested heavily in and expanding their Prince George facility and are in need of a Sales & Contracts manager to take help them from good … to great.
We’re talking full market domination!
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for the overall growth and expansion of the company’s client base, supervision of sales and project management teams and negotiation of sales awards and contracts.
We’re looking for someone who has;
1. A solid understanding of steel fabrication
2. The capacity to be engaged in all parts of the production process
3. The leadership experience to generate improvements from the front line of the company.
- Management of Sales Department to generate sales opportunities, evaluate sales requests and carry out project estimates
- Control and support active sales proposals and leads to ensure deadlines are met, project tenders are complete and successfully presented
- Review all proposals prior to submission
- Monitor success rations and conduct post-mortem reviews on unsuccessful proposals to feed key information back to estimating department
- Supervise project management staff to ensure optimization of purchasing and maximization of profitability
- Act as the main point of contact for high level customer and supplier communications
- MUST HAVE: Experience working within a steel fabrication environment
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of project costing and estimation, purchasing of project materials and subcontract services and experience in contract negotiations and review of contract terms and conditions
- MUST HAVE: Team Lead experience
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $10,000 – $50,000 (based on achieving management objectives)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $100,000 – $150,000
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Danielle Giannattasio at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘JOHNNY CASH’ ROLE – 4.L.71
- In a short email … tell Danielle how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.