Having one’s “ducks in a row” refers to an individual being well prepared and organized for something that is about to happen.
But, you might be surprised to learn the term has nothing to do with why ducks travel in a single file.
When they are very young, ducklings have a hard time making their way through heavy vegetation. As such, they tend to follow their mothers in single file because her movement through an area pushes foliage and other obstructions aside … creating a smoother path for the ducklings! And … when it comes to swimming … single file movement reduces wind resistance and drag!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much really.
That said … Kelly Meadows is looking for a Medical Office Coordinator who has their “ducks in a row” for her client’s busy clinic in Oakville, Ontario!
POSITION: MEDICAL OFFICE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, CLINIC SERVICES
OFFICE: OAKVILLE, ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: MEDICAL / CLINICAL SPA (DERMATOLOGY / PLASTIC)
Our client is a leader in dermatology & plastic surgery. They’ve asked Kelly Meadows to assist them in their search for a supportive professional to join their growing team.
This is a full-time permanent role, a great opportunity to work in a world-renowned facility, many incentive perks offered with this role as well as a competitive pay. This role provides an opportunity to grow within the organization.
- Ensure the medical facility is providing high quality care services
- Acting as the front face of the clinic and intaking clients keeping a high standard of patient flow
- Conduct administrative duties (answering phone calls, emails etc …)
- Coordinate appointments, follow-up visits and patient flow
- Maintain excellent patient care; refer questions to appropriate medical personnel, as required
- Administer and manage OHIP billing and manage financial activities
- Ensure adequate inventory of the clinic OTC products
- Keep up-to-date knowledge on clinic’s products and treatments; provide patient education
- Adhere to company culture, foster a positive work environment
- Network and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Support other staff and physicians
- 1-2 years’ experience in a medical or clinic or related field
- College diploma in Medical Office Administration or related experience
- Exceptional administrative and customer service skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office software and EMR Nextech systems
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health guidelines and OHIP billing process
HOURLY WAGE: $21.50 per hour + quarterly bonus (Monday to Friday day-shift)
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘DUCKS IN A ROW’ ROLE – 20G81-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.