Did you know … if you removed all the blood vessels from an average adult and laid them out in a long line, that line would stretch to be nearly 100,000 kilometers long?
And … get this … that line would circle around the world – 2.5 times!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role? – nothing at all!
That said … Kelly Meadows is looking for an RN for an infusion clinic in Prince George … and that RN needs to know a thing or two about veins!
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE (PART-TIME)
LOCATION: PRINCE GEORGE, BC
INDUSTRY: NURSING – INFUSIONS
Working with the healthcare team, the RN will lead, oversee and support the infusion clinic. This position provides professional nursing care to individuals including the intravenous or injection administration of biologics or other specialty pharmaceutical products and promotes patient health by completing health reviews prior to treatment, reviews patient files and collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members as required, with the end goal of providing medical therapies or self-administration teaching to patients in an ambulatory setting as well as in patient homes or alternate location as required.
- Assessing health status of patients using a pre-screening process that covers contraindications, objective and subjective data, to determine eligibility in receiving medical therapies.
- Insertion of peripheral intravenous or establishing access via central lines using sterile technique and best practices from the standards and practices of the college.
- Studying patient files and prior post-administration records to understand patient’s history.
- Handling and reconstituting biologic or oncology medication as per guidelines.
- Identifying patient care requirements; educating and providing counseling.
- Promoting patient independence; teaching patients to understand their condition and medication.
- Documenting patient care services and managing records.
- Following patient specific medical directives for administration and treatment of adverse events.
- Reporting adverse events in accordance with manufacturer specific requirements, Health Canada policy.
- Providing medical therapy monitoring and post administration observation and assessment.
- Maintaining continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring proper operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintaining clinic medical and stationary supply levels.
- Maintaining up-to-date professional and technical knowledge by completing/attending educational workshops. Maintaining a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- 2-year Nursing Diploma / Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- 3 + years of critical care experience (ER, ICU or ambulatory care)
- Good standing with a regulatory nursing college and body in British Columbia
- Current CPR and ACLS up to date
- Excellent communication skills ability to work independently in a clinic setting
OTHER: part-time (1 or 2 days to start). May turn into full-time – must be flexible to work evenings and weekends. Paid vacation and no benefits for part-time employees
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘VEINS’ ROLE – MTCHFBL 14H81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.