The saying “getting down to brass tacks” has a number of suggested origins – (some more popular than others).
These include; the brass tacks found on fine furniture … Cockney rhyming slang for the term “hard facts” … and the brass tacks that were hammered into a sales counter – to mark precise measuring points.
A less known theory involves the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
Following Lincoln’s death … the undertaker, R.F. Harvey and his employees were asked to design the President’s coffin – using silver tacks as decoration.
In the mid-1800’s it was becoming increasingly popular to decorate coffins – and people would often spell out the deceased’s initials on the casket. Generally, brass tacks were used, rather than silver ones … as it was a far more economical option.
In this case, the term “getting down to brass tacks” referred to getting down to very serious business – the business of death!
So … what does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much … really.
That said … if you are serious about getting your sales career off on the right foot … let us get down to the brass tacks here. You will be hard pressed to find a better organization that can set you on a more successful path!
Our client’s organization is a well-known brand … famous for developing top-shelf sales professionals. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to find a better organization to launch your sales career in the right direction.
Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles … or plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so … consider this ‘opportunity knocking’.
Match and Fable’s Sabrina Galli is looking for a sales professional with as little as 6 month to 1 year of hunter-type, B2B sales experience.
Our client will consider, accomplished Inside Sales professionals, looking to step out from behind the desk … and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: BARRIE / NEWMARKET
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- MUST HAVE: Post-secondary education
- MUST HAVE: The desire to learn from the best and put in the effort to succeed
- Minimum 6 months of sales experience (B2B … not B2C)
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $60,000 (… and that’s not a typo)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $107,500 (uncapped)
OTHER: rrsp + benefits + car allowance + gas card + cell allowance
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
- Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line reads; BRASS TACKS – 22A91MTCHFBL
- Please don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
- Based on the requirements we’ve listed … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.