Once upon a time … a lion was sleeping in the jungle. As a tiny mouse was passing by, it decided to have some fun … so it climbed up onto the lion and started running all over it.
Tickled by its footsteps … the lion awoke, snatched the mouse … and prepared to swallow it whole!
Horrified … the mouse begged for its life … promising the lion to pay back the favour one day … if it would spare its life. Amused at the notion … the King of the Jungle granted the mouse its wish … setting it free.
A few months later, the lion was captured by some poachers and tied to a tree until they could return with their vehicles to whisk it away. Moments later … the tiny mouse happened to be passing by.
Terrified … the lion called out to the mouse for help!
Remembering the mercy the lion had once shown it … the mouse sprang into action!
Gnawing feverishly at the rope … the lion was soon able to escape!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … if you land this Registered Nurse role in Wainwright, Alberta … we’re pretty sure you’ll remember Match and Fable, for a long, long time!
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE
LOCATION: WAINWRIGHT, ALBERTA
INDUSTRY: NURSING (MENTAL HEALTH)
The Mental Health Nurse is responsible for the assessing, diagnosing, developing and implementing a care plan, as well as evaluating mental health nursing care.
Along with the healthcare team (within a primary care setting), the RN will focus on chronic disease and repatriated patients … ensuring patients have timely and efficient access to therapy.
The RN will provide exceptional nursing care using patient-focused health care plans as a framework for care.
- Follow all Health Information and Records Management documentation standards and polices
- Some light travel and tasks via tele-health or video conferencing (ie) diagnosis, consultation, treatment etc.
- Provide clinical preceptorship to trainees or Clinical Supervision of Unlicensed Healthcare Providers
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement in keeping with Quality Management System
- Conduct bio-psychosocial assessments and develop individualized treatment plans with patients
- Provide direct client care and interventions based on the prescribed treatment plan consistent with psychiatric illness and diagnosis in the diagnostic and statistics manual of mental health disorders
- Participate in inter-disciplinary team meetings related to clinical care and service delivery
- Complete deployment health related activities, (pre-deployment or enhanced post-deployment interviews)
- Design / revise PowerPoint presentations for psycho-educational sessions (anger, stress management)
- Registered Nurse Diploma or BA in Nursing Certificate in Mental Health Nursing (in good standing)
- 2-5 years’ experience in Mental Health, Addictions (or related)
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA)
- RN license from provincial professional college or association (in province of practice)
- Driver’s License
- Certificate of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) Level C
- Current N95 mask fit certificate CSA Standards Z94.4
- All immunizations and criminal record checks up to date
- Excellent communication skills and organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
SALARY: $54.00 / HOUR
OTHER: health benefits (starting day 1) + vacation
PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract to hire Full-Time and/or Part-Time. Days Monday to Friday.
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Kelly needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Kelly Meadows at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE LION & THE MOUSE ROLE – MTCHFBL-7C81
- In a short email … please tell Kelly how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.www.matchfable.com