On June 2, 1925, the New York Yankees were on a five-game losing streak … and their miserable record had them slotted in second-to-last place in the American League. Upon arriving at Yankee Stadium, one of their star players – Wally Pipp, was complaining about a headache … and asked the team trainer for 2 aspirins.
The team’s manager, Miller Huggins happened to overhear the discussion and said … “Wally, take the day off … we’ll try that kid Gehrig at first today … and get you back in there tomorrow.”
This would mark the first game of Lou Gehrig’s career … and he would go on to play an incredible 2,130 consecutive games … over the next 14 seasons!
Years later, Wally Pipp would go on to say … “I took the two most expensive aspirin in history.”
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said … the term “carpe diem” was never more relevant.
Lou Gehrig seized the opportunity to showcase his value … and if you’re a senior sales professional who is ready to step into sales management … this may be your opportunity to do the same!
POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
LOCATION: MARKHAM OFFICE
INDUSTRY: MARKETING / ADVERTISING
Our client is a team of professional, entrepreneurial and goal-oriented individuals who help clients both develop and execute their marketing strategies.
Based in East Toronto and reporting to the Director of Sales … the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of 6 to 8 Account Executives charged with developing new business, as well as retention of existing clientele. The successful candidate will be responsible for all sales related functions within their region.
We’re looking for a true leader … someone who has experience in sales and/or peer leadership and is looking to take the leap into management, to guide and mentor a sales team of their own!
- Mentor, coach and support sales team in selling skills and territory management
- Accompany team members in field and client meetings to help develop their skills and close business
- Motivate team via “daily huddle” call to share energy and enthusiasm for the day ahead
- Analyze sales activity and determine immediate action plans to capitalize on opportunities, improve existing client relationships, recognize share of wallet opportunities to increase overall profitability
- Establish goals for sales team based on company objectives and develop a strategy to achieve same
- Prioritize daily, weekly and monthly objectives, including sales activity, to ensure effective execution
- Develop & maintain positive & credible relationships with all levels, both internally & externally
- Weekly 1:1’s with sales team, identifying areas for improvement, highlighting successful performance, etc.
- Conduct team training sessions to share insights, roll out new programs, train on new offerings, etc.
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years of sales experience in progressive roles
- Experience working in a highly-transactional sales environment
- A post-secondary degree
- A demonstrated competitive spirit with proven sales track record
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, customer-centric, fast-paced environment
- Driven to exceed sales targets, strong prospecting, relationship building and closing skills
- Understand business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- An understanding of sales forecasting and execution against targets
- BIG PLUS: Experience working as a team lead/sr. team member in the marketing/advertising field
BASE SALARY: $65,000 – $75,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $55,000 – $60,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $120,000 – $135,000
OTHER: car allowance + phone allowance + attractive benefits package
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Sabrina Galli needs from you;
- Send your resume to Sabrina at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line reads; THE ‘WALLY PIPP’ ROLE – 7-I-81MTCHFBL
- Please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.