“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!”
Clearly … the term refers to not banking on anything … before it’s realized.
As you’d imagine … it’s a very old phrase and is believed to have existed in many forms, across various cultures.
One of the most recognized occurrences is Aesop’s Fable, titled … The Milkmaid and Her Pail … which originated somewhere between 600 and 550 BC.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
Well, not much really.
That said … it’s a perfect segue to what our client has asked us to find for them.
Our client is looking for an Assistant Manager for their Accounts Receivable Department.
As we all know … just because a company billed it, doesn’t mean they’ll always receive payment – on time … or ever! This is where the right candidate will come in … to offer their skills and expertise.
POSITION: ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE (ASSISTANT MANAGER)
REPORTS TO: CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER
INDUSTRY: PLUMBING AND HYDRONICS
LOCATION: VAUGHAN / WOODBRIDGE
Our client is the fastest growing plumbing and hydronics wholesaler in the GTA.
They’re looking for an Assistant A/R Manager to work closely with the Credit Manager in terms of the department’s daily functions. Duties include supervising staff, collections, order releasing, reconciliation of accounts and reporting on accounts receivable.
- Assist A/R manager to coach the team and resolve internal / external client issues
- Set up credit applications in system and prepare onboarding letters for clients
- Follow up with clientele to ensure payment is received … according to credit terms
- Investigate client credit status with Credit Bureau to determine likelihood of payment
- Liaison between A/P and clients for supplier returns and direct pick-ups
- Assist with G/L reconciliations
- 5 + years of previous experience in a similar role is required
- Experience in both … credit reporting and account reconciliations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
- Excellent customer service, communication & organizational skills
- Ability to react quickly and provide solutions to challenges
SALARY: $70,000 – $75,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + on-site gym (with basketball court)
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at email@example.com
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘DON’T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS’ ROLE – 23K81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.