The eldest of 8 siblings … Joseph Henri Maurice Richard was born to a poor family during the Great Depression … on August 4, 1921 – in Montreal, Quebec.
One of the Montreal Canadiens most celebrated players … he was adored by teammates and fans alike! The Rocket (as he was affectionately nicknamed) was a goal scoring phenom … and over an 18-year career he celebrated many NHL ‘firsts’.
He was the first player in history to score 50 goals in a season and also the first to reach a career total of 500. And … as if this wasn’t enough … he was instrumental in leading the Habs to 8 Stanley Cup victories!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … our client is looking for a Sales Manager who can emulate the leadership qualities ‘The Rocket’ was famous for when it comes to managing their sales team.
POSITION: SALES MANAGER
REPORTS: 8 MEMBER SALES TEAM
LOCATION: MONTREAL, QUEBEC
INDUSTRY: PRINTING, PACKAGING & WAREHOUSING
My client is looking for a ‘really smart’ (and fully bilingual) Sales Leader to join their organization.
Reporting to the VP, Sales … the Sales Manager will actively manage the performance of the sales team.
The team has functioned more as ‘order-takers’ than hunters … and the company wants to change that!
The Sales Manager will help the team achieve revenue quota while further penetrating their current client base.
- Work with senior management to bring sophistication (performance management) to the sales team
- Participate in preparation of annual sales budgets
- Promote a consultative sales approach – driving value for the company and their clients
- Mentor and coach the sales team on best practices
- Monitor revenue trends and work with sales team to fill the gaps
- Implement weekly and monthly KPIs for the team
- Identify new revenue opportunities and develop plan to execute sales strategy
- Promote cross-selling opportunities with product offerings
- 5 – 7 years’ sales management experience
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience in the Printing and Packaging industry
- Professional sales leadership experience with superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to train, evaluate and provide clear direction to sales group on performance improvement
- A solid work ethic … with a track record of experience translating strategies into actionable tactics
- Superior communication skills, with a proven ability to forge genuine team and client relationships
BASE SALARY: $85,000 – $100,000
MBO BONUS: 20%
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $102,000 – $120,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED? If so … there are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ‘ROCKET’ ROLE – #10E18MTCHFBL.
- In a BRIEF email … tell Mark about your experience in a similar Sales Leadership position.