While the odds of being struck by lightning are roughly 1 in 12,000 … these odds didn’t help Roy Cleveland Sullivan!
Now … if you’ve never heard of Mr. Sullivan … you might be in for quite a shock ( … pardon the pun).
Sullivan was a US Park Ranger at Shenandoah National Park in Virginia.
Between 1942 and 1977, he was struck by lightning – 7 different times … living to tell each tale.
Sadly … while he survived the lightning strikes … he met his demise by virtue of a self-inflicted gun-shot wound.
So … what does this have to do with my latest role? Nothing really.
That said … if you fit this very specific profile … you may have just caught lightning in a bottle!
My client is a global security company. They help their clients mitigate risk … thus, allowing them to focus on their core service offering. I am looking for a Director, Operations who will be responsible for the operations of the company’s Static Guarding Division in Ontario.
Responsibility to lead 5 direct reports and a substantial field ops contingent.
The individual I’m looking for must be from the Static Guarding industry … period – no exceptions! I’m looking for someone with personality … gravitas + charisma.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS
INDUSTRY: SECURITY (STATIC GUARDING)
- Direct responsibility for Ontario Operations … static security division
- Manage and support the Operations Team … across Ontario
- Increase efficiency of operation by introducing best practices and technology
- Plan, develop and execute strategies to assist in achieving sales goals
- Develop genuine relationships with existing clientele to strengthen business partnerships
- Execute provincial and national agreements with static and insurance security clients
- Ensure operational excellence and flawless execution
- Build relationships with front line staff and demonstrate a ‘hands-on’ approach
- Support affiliate companies and assist on joint projects
- 2-4 years as an Operations Manager … within the static guarding industry
- Ability to inspire a team … and the ability to build consensus to promote common cause
- Persuasive … and able to adapt communication style to both audience and situation
BASE SALARY: $80,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $90,000
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance + gas card
If you’re qualified for this role … the proverbial ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1st – I need you to email your resume to me at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘ROY CLEVELAND SULLIVAN’ ROLE – (#25H71-MTCHFBL)
3rd – I beg you to please, please, please not send me a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me what specifically makes you a legitimate contender.