In 1847 … as Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was working in a maternity clinic in Vienna, Austria … he noticed a trend – mothers who were giving birth … were dying at an shocking rate!
The establishment was baffled and attributed the deaths to an ailment they dubbed – “childbed fever”.
Semmelweis was intent on solving the mystery and began investigating the differences between the hospital’s two maternity wards. He discovered that women treated in the doctors’ ward were dying 5X more than those in the midwives’ clinic!
Dr. Semmelweis surmised the difference between the two groups was … the doctors were conducting autopsies, as well as delivering babies. Often, these doctors moved straight from one procedure to the next.
Clearly … they were spreading infection from dead bodies to their maternity ward patients!
To halt transmission … Semmelweis introduced disinfection procedures.
Upon implementing simple policies mandating maternity wards be kept clean, and doctors wash their hands … the rate of “childbed fever” dropped significantly!
Despite proving disinfection reduced mortality to less than 1% … his technique was snubbed by most doctors, as they considered it insulting to require them to wash their hands!
In the end … the endless criticism from his peers led to Dr. Semmelweis suffering a nervous breakdown – landing him in a mental asylum … where he eventually died in 1865.
Ironically, it’s widely believed he died of sepsis, the same thing that killed all the women on the maternity ward!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said … now that we have your attention … we’d like to introduce you to Match and Fable’s latest role … a Regional Sales Manager in the Barrie area.
POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
OFFICE: BARRIE, ONTARIO
TERRITORY: NORTHEASTERN ONTARIO
INDUSTRY: HOME SERVICES (HVAC + WATER HEATERS + UTILITIES, ETC.)
Our client is a national Home Services provider with a focus on servicing homeowners. Their portfolio consists of over 1.7 million residential rental assets in Ontario and they are North America’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. The core quality of their business is their continual focus on strong client relationships.
As Regional Sales Manager, you’ll be accountable for leading a high-performance sales team in Northeastern Ontario – including Barrie, Bradford-Keswick, Owen Sound and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Director and based from their Barrie sales office, you’ll be responsible for handling the day-to-day leadership of 8-10 sales reps, including coaching and development, managing and achieving team targets, approving business proposals and reporting team metrics to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop, lead and mentor a team of 8-10 sales reps in the Northeast, Ontario
- Ensure team targets and metrics are achieved on a daily, weekly & monthly basis
- Maximize the team’s efficiency – via direct coaching and interaction
- Handle client escalations above and beyond sales rep’s capabilities
- Maintain and develop relationships within all areas of the business
- Maximize portfolio growth through development of any potential sales or customer service opportunities
- Impact execution of localized marketing strategies
- Business Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 3 to 5 years of successful sales leadership … managing a team of 5+
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead sales professionals, to achieve their full sales potential
- A high level of commitment and drive
- Strong competitive consciousness (with the ability to coach a high-performing sales team)
- Strong verbal and written communication skill-set
- Ability to align individual objectives with corporate goals
- BIG PLUS: Experience managing a sales team in a B2C sales environment
BASE SALARY: $95,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $15,000 – $25,000 (bonus) + $12,000 – $15,000 (commission)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $125,000 – $140,000
OTHER: health benefits + rrsp + cell allowance
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads FEVER – 28C91
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence (LinkedIn etc …)