You’ve likely heard the saying … “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”.
Ever wondered how that saying came to be?
Well, 500 years ago … daily life was far different than what we have grown accustomed to, today.
For example, in the 1500’s … when it came to personal hygiene, many people bathed only once per year!
To make matters worse … an entire family would bathe in the very same water!
The “order of operations” generally involved the adult male bathing first, followed by the adult female.
Any children of theirs would then get their ‘turn in the tub’ – from oldest to youngest.
As you can imagine … by the time the babies found their place in the queue … the bath water was absolutely filthy.
So much so, that mothers had to be careful not to throw their baby out with the bathwater!
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, now that we’ve got your attention … we’d love to tell you about Match and Fable’s latest role!
POSITION: COMMERCIAL P&C BROKER
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
LOCATION: BURLINGTON, ON. (HOME-BASED OPTION)
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Commercial P&C Broker to join their industry-leading team, In this role, you will drive results for your clients by delivering solutions that meet the exposure and coverage requirements of both existing and new clientele.
Our client is open to entertaining candidates from either the Brokerage or Insurance Company sectors and very interested in candidates with underwriting experience … & looking to grow their skills!
- Collaborate with sales team to develop coverage strategies + marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business
- Analyze client-specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements; preparing and presenting marketing proposals for both renewals and new business
- Maintain strong relationships with underwriting community … for the benefit of the client
- Negotiate with Underwriters for best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients
- Verify policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance
- Follow-up with insurer to confirm terms of negotiated contracts are met
- Approve documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions + renewals
- MUST HAVE: 7+ years of insurance and/or commercial marketing or broking experience
- MUST HAVE: Experience with commercial property, liability and automobile insurance
- MUST HAVE: RIBO License
- NICE TO HAVE: Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
- Post-Secondary degree or combination of education + equivalent years of industry experience
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience with Real Estate or Manufacturing or Transportation or Hospitality … or similar
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills
- Client-focused with strong communication and presentation skills
- Wicked attention to detail + deadly organizational skills + ability to gets things done!
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure
- Proficient with the MS Office
- OPEN TO CANDIDATES HAILING FROM: Brokerage or Insurance Company sectors and those with underwriting experience
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $90,000
BONUS: 7% – 10% ($5,000 – $9,000)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $75,000 – $99,000
OTHER: mileage + rrsp + option to be home-office based (after first 3 months)
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Jordana Matsos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; BABY + BATHWATER – 14C20MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Jordana how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.