Joe Pistone grew up in Paterson, New Jersey.
He joined the FBI in 1969 and since he knew how to drive an 18-wheeler, he was assigned to the truck hijacking squad.
His ability to penetrate this crime ring led to the arrest of more than 30 criminals and, more importantly … demonstrated his potential effectiveness for his next mission.
In September 1976, Pistone walked out of his local FBI office and for all intents and purposes … ‘vanished’ for the next 6 years!
Long story extremely short … under his new alias ‘Donnie Brasco’ … he infiltrated the New York Mafia’s Bonanno Family. His involvement would lead to 200 indictments … and more than 100 convictions!
What does this have to do with our current role? – Nothing really.
That said … while you won’t need to join the mafia … you will be operating on the inside … in this Inside Sales role!
Unlike many of the Inside Sales roles you’ll come across … this one is truly consultative in nature.
It’s absolutely not telemarketing … and it’s definitely not about how many calls you can crank out.
It’s all about the quality of the connections and a strategic business development mindset.
There are no ‘robotic’ scripts to memorize … no auto-dialer … and no lunatic Sales Manager hammering you over the head.
As an Inside Sales Executive, you’ll be responsible for developing strategic relationships and closing new business.
You’ll be provided with extensive in-depth training and equipped with the tools required to maximize your potential.
POSITION: INSIDE SALES EXECUTIVE
LOCATION: MID-TOWN TORONTO (YONGE & EGLINTON)
- Strategically target an assigned territory via cold-calling – using the company’s defined prospect database
- Move accounts through all stages of the sales process; cold-calling, needs analysis, product demonstration, proposal, negotiation and closing
- Qualify prospects by understanding their needs, the business strategies they follow and the challenges they face
- Adopt the company’s consultative / needs based selling approach
- Build and maintain long-term relationships
- Close deals and make quota
- 2 to 3 years of consultative Inside Sales experience … this is NOT telemarketing!
- Sales experience must be consultative in nature … (not ‘spray ‘n’ pray’ type sales)
- A history of achieving sales targets in a B2B environment
- Proven success in building senior level, C-Suite-type relationships
- Self-motivated, ambitious and goal-oriented
- Strong listening and questioning skills with impeccable spoken and written English
- Comfortable working with technology
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $60,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $25,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $75,000 – $85,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: benefits + fixed hours (8:45am – 5:00pm) + realistic potential to earn 6 figures in Year 2
1: Send a short email along with your resume to Nancy Gummow at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the Subject Line reads; THE ‘DONNIE BRASCO’ ROLE – (17.J.17-M&F).
3: Please don’t send a cover letter or generic email … (we hate them).
4: Where are you currently employed & what’s your REAL motivation in looking for a new role?
5: Based on the job description … tell Nancy why you are a contender for this role.