In the game of basketball … an ‘alley-oop’ is a play where one player throws the ball near the basket to a teammate … who jumps … catching the ball in mid-air … and jams it into the hoop.
Now … we imagine many of our readers are familiar with the term … but we’re pretty sure most of you don’t know where the it originated. So … let Match and Fable drop a little knowledge on you!
The term “alley-oop” actually comes from the French term “allez-hop”.
The word was originally used by French acrobats … before they leapt into the air to perform their feats.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said, consider this posting as an ‘alley-oop’ of sorts for your career … (if you’ve got what it takes)!
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: DOWNTOWN TORONTO (HOME OFFICE 2 DAYS / WEEK)
INDUSTRY: FOOD & BEVERAGE
Via their technology platform … Match and Fable’s newest client delivers local, blow-your-mind cuisine options to corporations across North America.
Say good-bye to the days of hum-drum “Pizza Parties”!
Our client is in wicked expansion mode and find themselves in need of an Account Manager to help support this growth! The Account Manager will manage an existing clientele – ensuring retention, growth … and providing a delightful client experience.
- Maintain and build strong relationships with existing clientele
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients from across Canada and the USA
- Convert casual clients into committed supporters of the brand
- Deliver an exceptional client experience (not just lip service)
- Consistently achieve retention and ‘share-of-wallet’ targets
- MUST HAVE: Business Development (B2B) experience
- MUST BE: “a farmer … with a hunter mentality”
- MUST HAVE: Drive to succeed in sales, high performer and results driven
- An individual who is a self-motivated, quick thinking, results driven, high performer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- NICE TO HAVE: 2+ years’ direct sales experience preferably in hospitality
- NICE TO HAVE: Sales methodology training and account management experience
- CRM management, cold calling and account planning experience
BASE SALARY: $40,000 – $45,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $15,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $55,000 – $60,000
OTHER: benefits (after 3 months) + vacation + work from home 2 days per week
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; ALLEY-OOP – 12L91MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Zafreen why you should be considered for this position.