When it comes to gangland USA, few names have garnered more infamy than that of John Dillinger. In fact, it was Dillinger’s numerous escapades that led to J. Edgar Hoover overhauling the FBI.
A little-known fact about Dillinger is that in April 1934, he and his gang of outlaws were surrounded by FBI agents at a roadhouse in Mercer, Wisconsin.
Gunfire erupted and … in the midst of the confusion … all the gangsters managed to escape.
It is believed Dillinger buried $200,000 in a suitcase … somewhere near that roadhouse!
After recuperating from injuries sustained in the shootout … Dillinger returned to Chicago.
On July 22nd … as he was exiting a theatre, two Federal Agents approached him.
Dillinger drew his pistol … but the agents beat him to the punch … fatally shooting him four times!
Many people believe the $200,000 buried treasure is still buried in Wisconsin – to this day!
What does all of this have to do with my role? Well … nothing really.
That said, my client is looking for an Account Manager who can unearth the significant revenue potential resting with their existing accounts – very much a hidden treasure of its own!
As an Account Manager, you’ll assume ownership of an account, once the hunter sales team has secured it.
Your portfolio will consist of between 200 and 250 primary care physicians.
You’ll meet with some physicians quarterly, others semi-annually … and some, … once per year.
Your responsibility is to deliver services that assist physicians in achieving a wide range of business objectives.
The best part is … you don’t need to know a single thing about physicians or the primary care industry – my client will train you on absolutely everything!
What you do need to bring is top-level account management skills, complimented by energy and charisma.
This role is heavily weighted towards developing genuine relationships with the physicians.
The set-up is a combination of home / corporate office (downtown Toronto) and reports to the Director, Sales.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
TERRITORY: TORONTO (GTA)
OFFICE: SPLIT (HOME AND OFFICE)
- Work with an existing clientele of physicians to drive program adoption and execution
- Nurture relationships & educate physicians on the benefits of products and services, at their disposal
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction and resolve unexpected challenges
- Oversee delivery of all services while being the first point of contact for clients
- Maintain positive relationships with clients by providing support and handling escalations
- Lead client on-boarding for all services by providing direction, motivation and top-notch communication
- Monitor clinic KPI’s and customer satisfaction feedback – across all products
- Carry out reporting and analysis of business activities within region
- 3 – 5 years of Account Manager success within the SMB space (B2B experience is a must)!
- Post secondary education (university degree or equivalent)
- Able to self-motivate and problem solve – independently
- Experienced in developing and maintaining genuine client relationships
- Meticulous in attention to program guidelines and adherence to these
- An excellent communicator, (both oral and written)
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Suite
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
VARIABLE EARNINGS @ 100% TARGET: $15,000 (totally achievable + uncapped potential)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $65,000 – $70,000+
CORPORATE / HOME OFFICE SPLIT + CAR ALLOWANCE
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
1st – Email your resume to Mark Krpan; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘DILLINGER’ ROLE – (#23H71-MTCHFBL)
3rd – Please do not send a previously prepared email … where you simply change … “Dear Insert Name”.
4th – Based on the job description … please tell me specifically what makes you a legitimate contender for this Account Manager sales position.