102 years ago, the Purity Distilling Company of Boston, Massachusetts had installed a molasses tank, standing 15 meters tall by 27 meters wide.
It held 8.7 million liters of molasses (enough to fill 3.5 Olympic-sized pools).
Before we get to the story … you should know that fermented molasses produces ethanol.
Ethanol is the active ingredient in alcoholic beverages and it also happens to be a key component in the manufacture of ammunition.
On January 14, 1919, a ship delivered a new load of molasses, which was heated to simplify transfer. The next day, at about 12:30pm, likely due to thermal expansion of the older, cold molasses – the tank burst!
Witnesses reported feeling the ground shake and hearing “a thunderclap” – followed by machine gun-like sounds … as rivets shot out of the tank, like bullets.
The explosion and subsequent wave of molasses, surged through the streets at over 50 km/h, sadly killing 21 people and injuring 150.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
That said, while you’re here … we’d like to tell you about our latest Sales Development role.
Our client’s software is taking their industry by storm!
Have you ever looked at a successful company and wished you’d been there in the early years? Well, this is your chance!
Bottom line – if you want to launch a career in the software sales – this is exactly where you want to be!
POSITION: SDR (SALES DEVELOPMENT REP)
TERRITORY: NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY: SAAS (SOFTWARE)
LOCATION: HOME BASED – (TORONTO / HAMILTON / LONDON)
- Generate sales qualified leads for the Enterprise Account Executive
- Prospect potential clientele via LinkedIn, Emails, Cold calling, Networking, etc …
- Develop and execute a nurturing cadence for prospects
- Maintain CRM (Salesforce) system to ensure sales team can access current information on all leads
- Target ideal client profiles in Mining, Forestry and Manufacturing industries
- Conduct Initial Discovery Meetings with prospects to build momentum and screen for Enterprise Account Executive team
- Research and collaborate on industry trends and insights to help co-ordinate sales strategy
- Work with the team to develop sales skill development and a customized coaching plan
- Self-motivated with a desire to grow in ‘SaaS’ sales
- Preference set and hit goals in a competitive environment
- Ability to work as part of a team + open to feedback + hungry to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization + Collaboration + Negotiation skills
- Proficient within Microsoft Office (WORD, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
BASE SALARY: $50,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $15,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $65,000 (but, uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + career progression plans + vacation + deadly training
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads BOOM – 26K21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina why you might be right for this position.