Did you know Superman was actually co-created by a Canadian?
In 1933 … (along with his high school friend – Jerry Siegel) … Joe Shuster (a Toronto-born artist) created the character, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Other Canadian connections to the Superman empire include the premise that the Daily Planet was based on the Toronto Star … and the city of Metropolis was inspired by Toronto’s skyline.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, not much really.
That said … on this Presidential mandate … Danielle Giannattasio is looking for a ‘Man of Steel’ (which could most definitely be a ‘Woman of Steel’, as well) … for our steel fabrication client, located in the Hamilton / Niagara Region.
REPORTS TO: THE BOARD
LOCATION: HAMILTON / NIAGARA REGION
INDUSTRY: STEEL FABRICATION
The President is the most senior position within this division.
The President will be tasked with overhauling business operations via a hands-on approach.
They will use their industry knowledge and ‘know how’ to grow the business’ ability to take on projects from start to finish. In an industry often dictated by the economy, our client is looking for a leader who isn’t afraid to utilize creative strategies to get ahead of the game … and take charge of the market.
We’re looking for someone with;
- An intimate understanding of the steel fabrication business.
- The capacity to be engaged in all parts of the business … not simply an arm chair quarterback!
- The leadership experience to generate improvements across the business – soup to nuts!
- Work with executive management, suppliers and union reps to leverage growth opportunities
- Manage P&L and apply business acumen to decisions (Depreciation, ROI, Cash Flow, A/R, A/P)
- Direct sales efforts to assist in account development and development of new markets
- Review reports and take action to evaluate activities, costs, operations, budgets and forecasts
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors
- Maintain facility layout to promote safety, security, and productivity while leveraging space
- Establish processes; 1:1’s, Team Calls, KPIs and determine how to best grow the business
- Evaluate performance of personnel, develop goals … and provide formal and informal feedback
- Promote an environment of empowerment, respect … and genuine accountability
- MUST HAVE: Experience (in a leadership role) within a steel fabrication environment
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of project costing and estimation, purchasing of project materials and subcontract services and experience in contract negotiations and review of contract terms and conditions
- MUST HAVE: Knowledge of union contracts and negotiations
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $150,000
MBO POTENTIAL: $30,000 – $50,000 (uncapped and based on business performance)
ON-TARGET POTENTIAL: $160,000 – $200,000+
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we need from you;
- Please send your resume to Danielle at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE ‘MAN OF STEEL’ ROLE – 13B81MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Danielle how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.