In the late 1800’s, the body of an unidentified woman was pulled from the Seine River, in France. The drowned woman’s face had a hint of a smile – very similar to the famous painting of the Mona Lisa.
In fact, the pathologist was so incredibly smitten by the woman’s face, he made a plaster cast of it.
This death mask became extremely popular in France and was sold across the country.
A year later, a toy manufacturer was asked to create a doll to be used as a CPR mannequin.
Needing a face for the body, the toy manufacturer remembered the death mask he’d seen at his grandparents’ home.
And that is the story behind “Rescue Annie” – the face that has been ‘kissed’ millions upon millions of times!
PS: CPR, trainees are taught to ask “Annie, are you OK?” while practicing resuscitation techniques.
The chorus of Michael Jackson’s song, “’Smooth Criminal’ was, in fact, inspired by Rescue Annie!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
While you’re ‘here’, Jeanne Agius is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our client’s team.
POSITION: MARKETING MANAGER
LOCATION: TORONTO (98% WFH)
- All activities related to conceptualizing & implementing market strategy and achieving targets
- Develop marketing plan, strategies, tactics, and resources to achieve business objectives
- Transform marketing function into a highly strategic asset
- Manage creative personnel + marketing assets to deliver on-brand & consistent work products
- Manage behavioural insights to support design, development, and implementation of messaging, services, and creative projects
- Oversee and provide direction regarding market and competitor analysis
- Support other business areas and programs for both acquisition and retention marketing
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of the market research function
- Create and manage a system to track, measure, and analyze performance
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated and support overall business objectives
- Support + advise Executive Team in development of affiliations and partnership arrangements
- Provide marketing expertise to company by developing + managing a capable marketing team
- Collaborate and work closely with other C-suite executive team members
- 5+ years’ experience + a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in marketing and planning roles, managing multiple talent resources, communications channels, creative projects, and organizational systems
- University Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business + management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, HR modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Communications and Media: Knowledge of media production, communication + dissemination techniques and methods
- A creative thinker and proven leader with a track record of translating thinking into action plans and results
- Leadership and people management skills with the ability to successfully inspire, lead and scale large teams within a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is critical
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor plans and budgets
- Thorough understanding of methods used to market ideas, solutions, services, and products
SALARY: $75,000 – $90,000
OTHER: benefits (100%) + life insurance + vacation +tuition reimbursement
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Jeanne Agius at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; ANNIE, ARE YOU OK? – 21G22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Jeanne how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.