In 1986, wanted by police for 50 armed robberies, Valerio Viccei fled Italy, and arrived in London, England. The next year, he, and his accomplice, Parvez Latif walked into the KSDC and asked to rent a safe deposit box.
Once inside the vault, the men pulled out their pistols and overpowered the bank manager and his guards. They hung a ‘closed’ sign on the front door, while they ushered a few accomplices into the bank.
Ransacking the vault, the thieves fled with an estimated £60 million (nearly $200 million (USD) by today’s standards). Viccei then hopped on the next plane to South America – his riches in tow!
While in South America, Viccei began to yearn for the Ferrari Testarossa he had left behind in England. So, he made the decision to return to London and make arrangements to have his car shipped to his new home.
Needless to say – not the best idea he ever had.
Upon returning to the UK, he was identified and arrested – and sentenced to 22 years in jail!
Long story short, he was deported to Italy in 1992 to serve the rest of his sentence.
In April 2000, while on a day pass from prison, he met his demise – in a gunfight with police.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here, if you’re a Senior Operations Leader in the transportation industry, in the GTA (or open to relocating there) … Janna French wants to speak with you!
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT & GM
LOCATION: BRAMPTON, ONTARIO
- Develop and grow team to ensure Operations Department remains efficient & effective
- Manage ‘on-road’ challenges + ensure all appointments are met within designated timelines
- Responsible for hiring + management of Operations staff
- Participate in special projects
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for management and operational staff
- Equipment control, including planning equipment replacement and type to maximize profitability
- Some travel across Canada, as required
- Continuous assessment of company reports and results + departmental goals and objectives
- Implement changes, controls + procedures to improve quality standards + operational efficiency
- Develop strategies and provide support to ensure operational and budgetary goals are achieved
- Build and maintain appropriate relations with internal departments, external clients and suppliers
- Build, coach, mentor and develop a team of top performers
- 5+ years’ experience in a Director or Senior Operations Manager position – within transportation / logistics
- Degree in Business or specialized knowledge acquired through school, courses, designation, or certification
- Strong communicative & presentation skill sets
- Proven results-driven leader with strong ability to build, motivate, train, and supervise
- Intermodal & rail experience (PREFERRED)
- Outstanding ability to build relationships with internal + external networks
- High level of integrity, work ethic, strong judgement, common sense, and effective decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to lead change (culturally) + ability to build business cases to support initiatives
- Ability to solve complex problems + showcase experience in the development of policy and standards
- Excellent business sense with special focus on “adding value” to team, client, and company
- Strong ability to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing environments/priorities
- Advanced knowledge of software applications (Microsoft Suite + financial databases)
BASE SALARY: $125,000 – $150,000
MBO: 20% of salary
OTE: $150,000 – $162,000
OTHER: car allowance + rrsp + benefits + vacation
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads STICK ‘EM UP – 8G22MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Janna how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.