Giving someone “the cold shoulder” is to be deliberately cruel or distant.
Ever wonder where the phrase originated?
But we’re gonna tell you anyhow.
During medieval times in England, it was a tradition to greet visitors with a warm meal.
That meal generally consisted of roasted meat.
However, if the host wasn’t fond of a particular visitor, they’d offer a less desirable and cold meal.
As rumor has it, unwelcome guests were served “a cold shoulder of mutton” in the hopes they would get the picture and leave! (PS: Mutton is the meat of an older sheep).
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, no need for the “cold shoulder” when it comes to Janna French’s new mandate.
She is looking for an Account Executive in the Transportation industry, in Montreal!
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION (TL + LTL)
TERRITORY: MONTREAL (WFH OFFICE)
- Grow & develop existing share of wallet + current spend with new and existing clientele
- Procure lasting partnerships with clientele and act as a key ambassador of the company
- Educate and advise customers using a thorough knowledge of the domestic LTL/Intermodal marketspace including the vast competitive landscape, market challenges & trends
- Collaborate with Operations Team to launch, enhance & maximize both new & existing business models
- Collaborate with assigned SDR to ensure optimal prospecting and lead generation strategies / tactics
- 3+ years’ experience in an outside sales / territory position
- Extensive knowledge of the current transportation logistics industry including, LTL + Intermodal + TL
- Energetic and driven sales pro with impeccable time management and communication skill sets
- Previous account management experience
- Collaborative team player + self-motivated + ability to think “outside of the box” + sales “hunter” mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $14,000 – $16,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $94,000 – $106,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; COLD SHOULDER – 22F22MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Janna specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.