My Big Fat Greek Wedding was released in 2002 and proved to be a colossal ‘sleeper’ hit!
$5,000,000.00 was spent to shoot the movie … and it raked in a whopping $357,000,000.00 at the Box Office!
In the movie, Toula Portokalos’ father Gus sang the praises of Windex as a cure-all and regularly referenced the Greek origin of virtually any word.
“Give me a word – any word, and I show you, how the root of that word is Greek”!
From arachnophobia to kimono, to the Miller surname – almost any word could be traced back to Greek.
In the spirit of Gus Portokalos, did you know the term ‘plastic surgery’ actually has nothing to do with plastic?
The word plastic comes from the Greek, ‘plasikos’ – which means ‘to mold or shape’.
Originally, specialists in these techniques focused on reconstructing damaged body parts rather than cosmetic augmentation.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said, Jeanne Agius is looking for an Operating Room Nurse Manager.
Check out the summary below, and you’ll easily see the connection!
POSITION: OPERATING ROOM NURSE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND CLINIC DIRECTOR
OFFICE: OAKVILLE / MISSISSAUGA
INDUSTRY: NURSING (PLASTIC SURGERY)
The Operating Room, Nurse Manager provides top care to cosmetic surgical clients with cutting edge operating room procedures. Leading the OR and PACU team of clinic staff in a two room OR facility … this individual will work to support the Plastic Surgeons.
This role requires a Registered Nurse with proven experience in Perioperative Nursing and management. Our client’s clinic provides a variety of exciting educational and professional development opportunities – in a state-of-the art surgical clinic.
- Immediate pre-operative, intra operative duties to assist physicians (scrubbing, circulating … etc …)
- Ensuring perioperative personnel provide safe & effective patient-centered care in perioperative services
- Ordering OR supplies and managing the maintenance of OR equipment
- Verifying educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holding personnel accountable for compliance with established standards
- Providing direct care to surgical patients and directing / advising OR nurses.
- Outside of patient care, operating room Nurse Manager will have administrative responsibilities, which include budgeting, quality improvement and staffing
- Evaluating performance of staff nurses, providing feedback and mentoring, developing education programs, contributing to staff professional development
- In charge of the daily operations within the Operating Room
- Registered Nurse Diploma or BA in Nursing Certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience in Aesthetics or Plastic Surgery
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification preferred Perioperative certificate (preferred)
- Recent OR Experience
- Current BCLS/C.P.R. Certification
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Superior proficiency in customer service with passion for patient-focused care approach
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary and interprofessional collaborative care team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in day-to-day problem solving and good organization skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong time management capabilities
- A willingness to learn new techniques and develop procedural skills
HOURLY WAGE: $55.00 – $60.00
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you.
- Send your resume to Jeanne Agius at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING – 30E22MTCHFBL
- In a short email, please tell Jeanne how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.