One of 7 children, Erik Weisz was born to a Jewish family on March 24, 1874, in Budapest.
Four years later, his family emigrated to the USA – settling in Wisconsin.
At the age of 9, he made his public debut as a trapeze artist.
At 17 years-old, he decided to become a professional magician and changed his name to Harry Houdini. He was considered a ‘competent’ … albeit, not particularly great magician.
That said, he became extremely proficient at escaping from handcuffs.
When Harry was 25, Martin Beck (who would become his manager) encouraged him to focus on escape acts. This decision would catapult him to international fame!
Over the next 20 years Houdini became one of the world’s highest paid entertainers … as he freed himself from jail cells, handcuffs, chains, ropes, and straitjackets!
From the humblest of beginnings, Houdini said the happiest day of his life was when he purchased a dress, originally said to have been made for Queen Victoria – and gave it to his mother!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, there’s no escaping the fact, Sabrina Galli’s newest role is the absolute bomb!
Our client’s financial software solution is used by 100’s (upon 100’s and 100’s) of government entities, K-12 & Higher Education schools, hospitals, healthcare facilities and non-profit organizations – across North America!
Their software solution allows Higher Education organizations to seamlessly access critical budgetary information – to make smart decisions!
This is a pure hunter sales role, but it is NOT transactional!
It requires a genuine relationship builder in the Higher Education market.
Someone with a defined sales process, who isn’t afraid to prospect + build a strong funnel, can do amazing!
We’re looking for a professional with experience selling software -or- someone with intimate knowledge of the Government and Higher Education space. Both would catapult you to the front of the line!
POSITION: SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE (SaaS)
OFFICE: WEST OF GTA (WORK FROM HOME SPLIT)
- Crush sales targets by targeting new opportunities in Higher Education space to grow revenue via new client acquisition
- Understand each target’s unique needs and how the software solution will meet those needs
- Develop + execute a detailed business plan to grow revenue opportunities in vertical / geographic market
- Sell ‘real value’ to target clientele by articulating how solutions will improve their business processes
- Cold calling + consultative selling + demos and group presentations
- Manage active sales pipeline and sales forecasts in salesforce
- Up to 20% travel, across North America
- Prepare and execute customer demos + presentations
- Work with internal departments + mentor a SDE on targeting opportunities + securing new business
- Experience in a strategic sales capacity and the ability to ‘hunt’
- University degree
- Ability to relate to individuals across a wide range of positions … from C-Level to analysts
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience selling software solutions -OR- experience selling into the Government market
- Experience selling into US client base
- Familiarity with finance, accounting, budgeting and forecasting
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $110,000
QUICK START BONUS: $5,000 – $15,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $90,000 (CALCULATED IN US DOLLARS & UNCAPPED)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $205,000 – $235,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + work from home split
QUALIFIED & INTERESTED?
If you’re qualified … this is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Sabrina at; email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line reads; HOUDINI – 28E22MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … explain how your experience qualifies you for this role.