On June 22, 1986, in Mexico City, with nearly 115,000 fans in attendance, Argentina and England squared off in the quarterfinals of the World Cup.
At the 6-minute mark of the second-half, English midfielder Steve Hodge’s clearing attempt inadvertently sent the ball towards England’s goal where Argentinian superstar Diego Maradona was standing – alone inside the box!
As the ball dropped in, Maradona and England’s goalkeeper, Peter Shilton both jumped into the air.
Maradona’s hand, which was raised close to his head, managed to the touch the ball first and the ball skipped into England’s goal. The referees did not have a clear view of the infraction and despite England’s heated objections – the goal would stand.
The goal is considered one of the most famous, in all of soccer.
Following the game, when Maradona was asked whether it was scored legally, he replied, “a little with the head of Maradona, and a little with the hand of God”.
Following the game, Maradona swapped shirts with Steve Hodge. On May 4, 2022, Hodge sold that shirt at auction for £7,100,000 – a world record for a piece of sports memorabilia!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, now that we have your attention … we’d like to introduce you to Sabrina Galli’s latest role – a National Sales Manager in the Greater Toronto Area.
POSITION: NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (CANADA)
REPORTS TO: SALES DIRECTOR
Match and Fable’s client has is a trusted name and leader in the residential and commercial utilities space, with award-winning service and senior leadership.
They’ve built a reputation as the go-to provider in their industry and possess a considerable market share. Due to their comprehensive, end-to-end service, they maintain a client focus unlike any other in the space. They offer ongoing support and training + an individualized career progression plan, for beyond this role!
- Responsible for leading a team of 12 Key Account Managers – across Canada
- Train, coach, develop and motivate sales team members to perform at high levels
- Lead team members to improve close rates and maintain company standards of excellence
- Meet monthly budgeted sales targets for new business + services
- Measure and report sales metrics via CRM
- Interview, hire + onboard new sales team members, in following a plan to success
- Conduct sales team meetings + review employee performance / development
- Provide direction for launch of new services & products, specifically, in Property Management channels
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- A winning attitude + strong leadership skills + ability to identify and execute on key motivators, of individual team members
- Solid background in Business Development
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and coach direct reports
- Ability to travel occasionally within Canada, to various territories for client visits + industry events
THE NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience selling into Property Management
- Degree/Diploma in business and/or business management
BASE SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $30,000 (+ ability to over achieve)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $130,000 – $160,000
OTHER: 4 weeks’ vacation + rrsp + extensive medical coverage + mileage + cell
INTERESTED? Then there are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads HAND OF GOD – 26E22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.