On June 2, 1925, New York Yankees star player, Wally Pipp arrived at Yankee Stadium.
He immediately went to see the team trainer to ask for two aspirins – he was nursing a dreadful headache!
Team Manager, Miller Huggins happened to be walking by, and said – “Wally, take the day off … we’ll try that new kid, Gehrig at first today – and get you back in there, tomorrow.”
Years later, Wally referred to the incident as “… the two most expensive aspirin in history.”
What was Wally talking about?
Well, the game Pipp bowed out of, marked the first game of Lou Gehrig’s career.
No one could have imagined that over the next 14 seasons, he’d go on to play an incredible 2,130 consecutive games!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, Janna French has a great opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator.
The leadership group at this company is top-notch and the role is 100% work from home!
Match and Fable’s client provides exceptional end-to-end freight solutions across North America with touchpoints at every port, airport, and inland location.
(PS: After the initial 2-4 week on-boarding, the position is fully remote!)
POSITION: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
OFFICE: WORK FROM HOME
- Manage / coordinate smooth daily shipments w/ carriers & customers with ‘cradle-to-grave’ approach
- Source carrier options using TMS and Load boards
- Dispatch carriers and create bills of lading along with any other pertinent documentation
- Communicate to clients on the status on their deliveries
- Ensure systems are followed, up-to-date and policies enforced
- Track and trace every shipment and ensure timelines are met
- Negotiate effectively on rates to maximize profitability
- Perform market research for customer quoting & spot market opportunities
- Communicate immediately with managers on any service issues
- Assist in new business development process
- Assist and effectively handle any client questions/concerns
- Fully remote position (following 2 to 4 weeks of in-office on-boarding / training)
- 1+ years’ experience within the transportation logistics industry
- Able to work effectively with team members/management
- Detail-oriented / self-starter / energetic with exceptional time-management & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of FTL, AIR, PORT, FLATBED, INTERMODAL, SPECIALIZED, etc., (or combination)
- Familiarity with North American Transportation industry, geography, transit systems
- Understanding of various software systems ie., Loadlink, BluJay, Truckmate, etc …
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 – $65,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + 100% work from home
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; HEADACHE – (23E22MTCHFBL)
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.