On September 14, 1993, the soundtrack for the movie, Judgment Night, was released.
One of the most popular songs on that album was titled ‘I Love You Mary Jane’.
It was a collaboration between post-punk rock band, Sonic Youth and west coast rappers – Cypress Hill.
For those who don’t know – ‘Mary Jane’ is but one, of a long list of slang terms for cannabis.
It’s believed the Mexican Spanish term ‘marijuana’ was introduced to the USA by immigrants from Mexico.
Separated in two, the term refers to two traditional Spanish names – ‘Maria’ and ‘Juana’.
By extension, the English version becomes – ‘Mary Jane’!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
Match and Fable’s Jeanne Agius is looking for a Marketing Manager to join her wonderful client’s team. The Marketing Manager will lead the digital marketing team + oversee brand development + creative marketing strategy of both existing + new product lines.
POSITION: MARKETING MANAGER
LOCAITON: OAKVILLE (HYBRID WFH)
INDUSTRY: INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION (CANNABIS)
- Report directly to Vice President – working alongside Digital Marketing Strategist
- Manage creatives for multiple different product lines and brands
- Oversee brand development + creative marketing strategy of current + new product lines
- Build upon company’s brand equity by understanding market dynamics, utilizing consumer research and insights – and implementing bold, innovative thinking
- Research, plan + manage company trade show efforts, globally in the cannabis and cosmetics industries
- Oversee management of social media platforms – Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tiktok + YouTube and report on analytics and growth
- Manage content creation and planning for all product lines and brands
- Create and design website content for site visitors to better understand product offering
- Create + implement tailored marketing plans and sales collateral based on product line requirements
- Build + maintain rapport with key customers – creating case studies, client videos and interviews
- Direct brainstorming meetings + creative sessions
- Develop in-depth lead nurturing efforts through educational content and email marketing strategies
- Collaborate with Sales Team to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements and product offerings
- Manage + track annual budget, objectives & goals, and KPIs
- Determine strategies + services to satisfy client needs across a variety of industries and segments
- Build + manage marketing plan for calendar year and present to executives for approval
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Deep experience and great knowledge with social media tools and platforms, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube + Instagram
- Degree -or- Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related
- 3+ years’ experience managing professional social media accounts
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- Creative portfolio to present in an interview
- Demonstrated progressive experience in email automation and content creation – lead nurturing practices, Illustrator, Adobe, Canva
- Familiarity with principles, techniques, and best practices for key marketing channels including email and social media
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of brand development + multichannel marketing models
- A genuinely creative + strategic thinker
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $90,000
MBO: based on revenue growth
OTHER: In Office / WFH hybrid + build your team with full creative freedom + benefits
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you.
- Send your resume to Jeanne Agius at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; I LOVE YOU MARY JANE – MTCHFBL19E22
- In a short email … please tell Jeanne how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.