On December 16, 1773 … members of the Sons of Liberty (American Colonists) gathered together and disguised themselves as Mohawk Indians. In protest against Britain’s Tea Act (high taxation of tea), they boarded 3 trade ships and threw 340 crates of tea into the Boston Harbor.
The event came to be known as – The Boston Tea Party.
In today’s money, the value of the tea they dumped would be more than $1,700,000 USD and, it would have brewed more than 18 million cups of tea!
What does this have to with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said, Boston happens to be located in the USA and Mate Pavkovic is looking for a Legal Assistant (Patents) who knows a few things about the patent process in both Canada … and the USA!
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (PATENTS)
OFFICE: TORONTO + WFH
The Legal Assistant (Patents) will work with clients and colleagues regarding clients’ patent application process.
The qualified candidate will have experience preparing and filing Canadian and American patents.
The Legal Assistant (Patents) will have a strong understanding of the full patent prosecution process, with the ability to utilize IP Docketing and legal billing software systems.
The qualified candidate will have experience navigating clients through the legal prosecution process and preparing and filing legal documentation. The Legal Assistant (Patents) will be corresponding with clients about the progress of their application, review client’s instructions and action accordingly.
The Legal Assistant (Patents) will be the point of contact for the client while their application is being processed.
- Prepare and file Canadian and American patent applications
- Review and navigate clients through documentation (ie) examination requests and notices of allowance
- Prepare response and reminders for clients
- Open and close files and billings
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Canadian and US patent experience
- Experience in a high-volume work environment
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills – both written and spoken.
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $65,000
OTHER: health benefits + RRSP + 70% work from home + 3 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Match and Fable needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Mate Pavkovic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the Subject Line of your email reads; TEA PARTY – MTCHFBL17E22
- In a short email … please tell Mate how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.