In May 1775, George Washington was the leader of the Continental Army.
John Hancock (of Massachusetts) was appointed Congress President.
Hancock’s claim to fame is being the first representative to sign the US Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 – pronouncing the United States’ emancipation from British rule.
Of a total 56 signatures on this historic document, Hancock’s is by far the most well-known.
Why? Because he prominently signed it, dead center – larger and more gracefully than his counterparts!
To this day, asking for someone’s “John Hancock” is a common phrase used when requesting their signature.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, now that we have your attention, we’d like to tell you about Match and Fable’s latest role. Mate Pavkovic is looking for a US Patent Clerk in Toronto. (The role is based 70% … WFH).
The US Patent Clerk will file patents for clients in the USPTO application system. Candidate must have experience applying for patents in Canada, but more importantly the US system.
The US Patent clerk will coordinate both internally and externally for the patent application process by:
1. Preparing and executing clients’ instructions for patent application.
2. Informing and coordinating next steps in the application process.
The US patent clerk will have experience in a high-volume setting, be able to execute clients’ directives and track clients’ applications in the USPTO application system. The US Patent Clerk will be familiar with Application Data Sheets, Power of Attorney, Information Disclosure, and Assignment documents. Additionally, the US Patent Clerk will need to coordinate meetings, organize the application process for clients and company partners, open and close client files, have experience in billing and keep track of client contact information.
POSITION: US PATENT CLERK
- Prepare and file US Applications including. Application Data Sheet, Power of Attorney, Information Disclosure Form, and Assignment documents
- Have experience with the USPTO electronic filing system
- Prepare responses to challenges that arise based on clients’ needs during prosecution of their patents.
- Process, review, report and help navigate the client through the prosecution documentation
- Track and advise clients re; next steps, + review and execute clients’ instructions
- Coordinate meetings, track e-files, open and close client files and billings
- Advise internally about clients’ application process.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role – in a high-volume work environment
- Excellent collaboration skills + ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and working knowledge of IP docketing and billing software
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
OTHER: health benefits + rrsp + 70% work from home + 3 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Mate Pavkovic at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; JOHN HANCOCK – 17E22MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Mate specifically, why you’re a fit for this role.